1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq1650

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sd72667, Mar 27, 2006.

1. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

2. neurokasm

neurokasm Member

Personally, I don't have one. I have a 1655, which is said to be the same as 1650, but w/ lightscribe (an awesome drive btw). From what I understand, the 1650 is as good, if not better than the 1640.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@neurokasm

Have you used the lightscribe yet? I have the LG 1622D with lightscribe. I tried it once . I was diappointed. I final just wrote on it with sharpie since I could hardly read it. I didn't use the enhanced setting. This seems to put a lot of work on the laser. The drive so far is fabulous but does not do nero quality check. am looking for the benQ1655 also.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@neurokasm

Have you used the lightscribe yet? I have the LG 1622D with lightscribe. I tried it once . I was diappointed. I final just wrote on it with sharpie since I could hardly read it. I didn't use the enhanced setting. This seems to put a lot of work on the laser. The drive so far is fabulous but does not do nero quality check. am looking for the benQ1655 also.

my bad double post.

5. neurokasm

neurokasm Member

@garmoon

Hi,
    I've burned 10 LS discs so far with the 1655. It works ok if you have the settings to darkest, though it can take up to 30 minutes to burn (depending on what you're printing). Most of the discs I've burned were just text, nothing fancy. I couldn't get any burns as dark as the ones in the gallery at lightscribe.com though. In my opinion, LS is new technology and will get better later on. As of now I'll probably just go back to my trusty sharpie in the interest of time.

If you'd like I could email you a picture of the last disc I burned a couple of days ago. I don't think I can attach images here?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

garmoon:

I got a newer oem version of Nero-in my sig- that came with my 1650 from NCIX and it'll use the nero speed test. My other oem version-6.0.0.21b wouldn't. It also has the lightscribe labeling program that I am definitely going to try. That LG lightscribe should be better than my pc of crap HP 640c.

What program you using for the Lightscribing?

sd72667:

I've only burned about a dozen discs and my scans are very comparable to my 1640. Using Yuden000-T02 and Ty-g02 shiny inkjet prinables. I can't even here this drive when it is buring. I'm very impressed,but it the usual Benq Quality!!!!

I just picked up some MCC-004 Verbatims and I expect excellent results with an 8x and 12x burn.

I also got 4 memosux with single jewel cases that someone gave me. These coded as Ritek-R03-00,so not too shabby! I'll test them as well. Those brands are my main diet for all 4 of my benq drives. I also got some sony +16x,but coded as SonyD21. I'm not expecting much out of them.

Congrats on the burner,but meritline.com had them cheaper, UGGH!

You will love it. It loves the plus format and it should booktype them to dvd-rom. If not,download qsuite 2.0. It has some great programs: Overburn protection/solid burn/and qscan-to scan blank dvds. That's what I have to do. Use qscan on those SonyD21 discs and see what speed it recommends.

7. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  8. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Only if I'd known about meritline.com. Oh well, I made up the difference already playing poker earlier. ;-}

9. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

Quick Question~ If I go and buy the Benq 1650, I just update its firmware, and its all the same to a retail benq 1650, and a retail benq 1655 other then the lightscribe right?

Thanks Storm~

10. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

How did you find these on Newegg? I have looked everyday and it shows
    Benq having 5 burners.

11. neurokasm

neurokasm Member

"Guess whats available on Newegg.com :) BenQ 1650"

nice

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Newegg must have gotten them in today. They don't even have the picture available yet, LOL

I looked for them there yesterday or the day before and they didn't have squat!

They do run out of benqs very quickly! Grab em up!

13. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

I called and tried to cancel my order with NCIX.com and they said
    "We already shipped your item out" in a little asian man voice.
    Hmmmm, sure they did. Sneaky bastards.

14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That little asian man was probably holding your drive when you called,then he dropped it! LOL

Mine was around $61 with the shipping from NCIX. Well worth the money for these benqs. Still cheaper/higher quality drives than any local store will have available.

15. neurokasm

neurokasm Member

"That little asian man was probably holding your drive when you called,then he dropped it!"

lol

16. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Yep Newegg just added them to their Benq list.
    Also they come in Beige. "Serenity now Serenity now".

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ saugmon & neurokasm

thanks for the input. I want a drive that can do quality checks, so I guess benQ out. The LGs I have burn great. I hope the plextors can qual. ck. they are my other options.

18. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

My main pc,using the benq 1650:

I can use nero speed test/dvdinfopro for burned backups.
    I can use qscan test from qsuite 2.0 for blank discs-to see how fast I can burn them safely.

19. storm1234

storm1234 Guest

"thanks for the input. I want a drive that can do quality checks, so I guess benQ out"

The OEM Benq 1650 can do disc quality checks right? Storm~

20. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Here's a couple scans:

Dvdinfopro:

[​IMG]

nero speedtest-disc quality scan:

[​IMG]

It all depends on which version of nero you have on your pc.Dvdinfopro works on all 4 of my benqs.