1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beside Nero what else to use????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Xboxboy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Xboxboy

Xboxboy Member

Hi guys,

I sucessfully back up my orginal xbox game to my HD, just wondering can i use Dvd Decryter to burn the iso file???
    I did try to use Nero with Ritek dvd disc, it always say that my disc is dirty or its damaged :( ( I just brought the game not long ago and its impossible it's dirty or damaged!!!)

BTW what speed is best to burn back up xbox games????

2. Sputnik_

Sputnik_ Member

Xboxboy,I don't know about with Decrypter, but Nero & DVD Shrink work great together. You don't need to use an ISO file Shrink backs it up with Nero and creates it's own folder. Later instead of going to disc(if you save the folder) you just go to select file instead and burn it again in less time. Hope this helps!

3. Xboxboy

Xboxboy Member

Sorry Sputnik_ what do u mean??
    I don't understand???
    How can i use Nero with Dvd-shrink???

Cheers :)

4. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

When you say you backed up your xbox game successfully to your HD are we referring to your PC hard-drive here? And do you mean by FTP'ing them to your hard drive?

I use Stomp Record Now Max to burn all my xbox backups. Quit out of the wizard, use "add file" tab it down from GI image to ISO image and search for ISO on your desktop. I normally burn at 4x unless I use ropey disks where I burn at 2x

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Sure you can! the question is, do you have an iso file and are you using the correct settings in Dvd Decrypter to burn it.
    I think people get way too caught up in disc quality and whether a certain brand of discs will work.I've [bold]never[/bold] had a problem with a name brand disc(TDK,FUJI,SONY,MEMOREX, etc. U.S. name brands)
    I would look for the way you are burning the iso.It [bold]has[/bold] to be burned as an image within your burning software.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I run UnleahedX as a dashboard,so I just use Quix to transfer and convert my game to an ISO as a one step deal. But if you don't use avalaunch or UnleashedX,just ftp the game to your pc hard drive,and then use either quix or craxtion to convert to an Xiso. To burn the image you could use nero,I don't cause people keep using my machine and changing the settings for some fusking reason. I use either DVD Decrypter or Alcohol 120% to burn the image. Two of the easiest programs to burn images with.

7. madmurdoc

madmurdoc Member

Yeh DVD Decrypter is good for backed up xbox games and movies, although nero still has its use....

8. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I use Dvd Decrypter for 99.9% of everything I burn. It handles just about everything iso/bin/img/nrg/cdr/pdi/udi/mds.. and others (if you assosiate 'em with DVD Decrypter)