1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best £700 lcd/led tv ?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by rickyjb, Nov 8, 2009.

1. rickyjb

rickyjb Member

hi im looking for the best possible lcd/led tv for £700 my main use will be xbox pc and ps3 games , hd movies and SD freeview. please can someone help me as i have no idea on which would be best for me.

thanks
    Ricky

2. rickyjb

rickyjb Member

ok ive been looking around and i have found these 2 possible ones

PANASONIC TXL37G10 37" for £661.90

or

Samsung LE40B650T2 40-inch £650.93

3. rickyjb

rickyjb Member

please i realy need some advice here from owners of either tv or anyone realy

4. SDF_GR

SDF_GR Regular member

i had a bravia switched to samsung and my best friend got an LG and after 6 months or so, we both bought sony again. we both have PS3.
    If that story can tell you anything.

But! Now if i wanted a low cost HD-TV with brilliant picture i would go for a Panasonic Plasma.
    A friend got a 42 inch for 650euros before a month or so ago, and i can tell you it has a really brilliant picture, i dont think that any LCD comes even near.

5. 00lloyd

00lloyd Regular member

Panasonic Plasmas, now were talking. Why go for LCD? Plasma generally have better response times (very useful for gaming), better contrast ratio (a more realistic picture when viewing film) and handles motion better (perfect for sports). LCD's do have their merits, maybe you have to use your tv in a very brightly lit environment in which plasmas will see to dim (which is why and LCD may SEEM to have a better picture in a brightly lit showroom), or you're dying for a 1080p screen and on a budget of 400 quid (which your not). Oh, and plasmas do not suffer burn-in like they used to (if they do it's only temporary).

For your budget may I recommend the Panasonic TX-P42X10B, which is one of Panasonic's mid-low range plasma's, but will still outshine any LCD at a similar price. It's only 720p, but I don't think will be a drawback for you since it's native resolution is much closer to SD than 1080p is so SD will look good on it, yet hd movies WILL STILL LOOK GOOD on it. The realistic picture quality will vastly outweigh the lack of full hd support (most games are only upscaled even if they say you can play it in 1080p, and actually look better in 720p!).

For about 500 quid you can get this tv from pixmaina with a discount code (see www.buydigital.tv).

Seriously spend the rest on a good sound system. keeping in mind your budget for about 270 extra (70 over I no, but oh so worth it!) you should buy these:

http://www.exceptional-av.co.uk//product.php?fdProductId=222

and

http://www.exceptional-av.co.uk//product.php?fdProductId=74

This setup will not just provide you with 5.1 sound but will also act as a HD audio decoder (not need to buy an extra amplifier/receiver!), which will help match your viewing experience. As a bonus it'll work as a HDMI splitter for your 360 and PS3!

I don't think you can top this setup with your budget! BUT, if you don't want a separate sound system, and you must have a 1080p screen, than go for the SAMSUNG PS50B530S at 630 delivered after a discount voucher from www.buydigital.tv.

Hope this helps, Lloyd.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009