1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 1080p WS for Price/Performance/Quality

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SuperXP, Feb 18, 2007.

1. SuperXP

SuperXP Guest

I spoke to him again, and he is still telling me that PS3 has problems displying 1080p. He did not give me a link with info though? I did read somewhere that a PS3 without HDMI will not be able to do full 1080p.

Anyway, you are proof enough that PS3 does indead do full 1080p via HDMI. I will tell him this as soon as I finish typing this.

Take Care,

2. bluray79

bluray79 Guest

Hello All,

Just a quick hit, lets say you make a mistake on your PS3 and select 1080p output when your tv is really 1080i. Some people think now they have no one to change the setting unless they connect to a true 1080p tv..this is not so. All you have to do is hold down power button after you turn it on... a screen will pop up and try to set your reolution to the native resolution of the tv. Very helpful!

3. error5

error5 Regular member

Actually, if you choose an incorrect resolution or a resolution that's not supported by your display - the screen will go blank then after 30 seconds the PS3 will revert back to the previous resolution.

4. bluray79

bluray79 Guest

true...but idiots like me who lost the screen started smashing buttons so i hit the buttom that told it was ok...lol...yeah I know impatiences is a bit*h.