1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 2 to 1 disc program

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by bucsfan, Sep 23, 2004.

1. bucsfan

bucsfan Guest

i was wonderin what is the best program around the $50 range and where to get it. I want something simple and that i can keep all my original dvd features.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

What exactly do you mean by 2 to 1? Are you wanting to put 2 complete DVDs on 1 blank?

3. bucsfan

bucsfan Guest

a 9gig dvd to a 4.5

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

still looking, but if you dont mind not having the xtras etc shrink does it really well and yes you can get 2 movies onto one disc.

you can thank me later, just saved you $50.00 bucks

andmerr

5. vurbal

I agree that you should at least start with Shrink. Some people think it's the best and others don't, but at the very least it will give you a baseline for comparison. Any program that doesn't give you better results isn't worth spending money on. You should probably also get DVD Decrypter, because you may have problems ripping some movies with Shrink, and Decrypter should be able to rip them for you. You'll also want to think about what burning program you're going to use. Most people either use Nero or Decrypter with Shrink because it can run them for you and burn your backups automatically.

The problem with asking what's the best is that it's a subjective opinion. You won't know what's the best for you unless you try some software out for yourself.

6. bucsfan

bucsfan Guest

im used to the shrink and using it and i want to explore with my dvd burner. I just want to keep my special features and all.

7. vurbal

If you want the best possible quality, for most discs it will require an encoder based solution like DVD-RB. It would cost you about $58 to buy CCE Basic, and most people who have tried it will tell you it's well worth the money. Others haven't had success getting it to work, and you have to remember DVD-RB is still in beta right now.

Other than that, you might want to download the trial version of CloneDVD. I believe it will work for 30 days so you can decide whether you like it better than Shrink before spending money on it. I have no idea how much it costs because I don't own it.

I'm sure there are other transcoders with trial versions available, and I wouldn't buy any that didn't unless they were highly recommended by people I trusted a lot and very cheap.

8. joedogg

joedogg Member

use instant copy 8 works great will put a 8 gig movie on a 4.7 with all features no loss of quality.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ joedogg : does this program support more than one film to disk

10. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

andmerr, Why do you want to put 2 movies on 1 DVD. I had rather have seperate DVD's as it makes it much neater. Also you can use DVDProfiler to catagorize your collection.

If you haven't tried DVDProfiler, which is FREE I suggest you check it out.

Tom

11. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

Shrink is a very goo dprogram. You can copy everything including your Extra Featuares etc. Of course the more you cut out the better your quality. You can also compress the features and you still have them but at slighter quality but your main movie quality is better.

Try it. If you run into any problem just post it and these fellows will help you out.
    \Tom

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi TMcCallie,
    its not so much as for me its for my cousin.Its easier to have two films on dvd rather than one.You just put the dvd on and then put the kids in front and you dont have to worry about them for a couple of hours.Shrink does it but there must be a program somewhere that will allow 2 movies with the extras.

13. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ MackemX : thanks for the link, time well i dont have much at the moment due to work constraints but when i have some i will try your solution.

thanks again

andmerr

15. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

andmerr, I see why you would want to have 2 movies on 1 DVD. It would be handy if you had children. I don't since mine have children of their own and they are old enough to operate the VCR.

Thanks for the explaination.

Tom

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi tom no probs.

@ MackemX: is there a trial demo of this piece of software available anywhere.

17. pernes

pernes Member

Mackemx, will Nero 6 work with dvdremakepro?

18. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@andmerr, there is a demo available but you can only play with it as it won't let you export the files :(
    http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/download.php

@pernes, It works with any burning software I suppose as it only creates the DVD files. You may have to shrink the files first though

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ MackemX : Thanks i did find it in the end and am in the process of d/loading the demo, however i found your tutorial page to be very imformative.

Thanks

andmerr

20. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

if there are any gaps you need filling regarding the guides just ask ;)

writing a guide to do most things in DVDRemake is complicated as there as so many things to cover due to the variation of DVD's :(