1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Blu Ray Burn Program Besides DVD Fab

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by fapestar, Aug 10, 2011.

1. fapestar

fapestar Member

I'm having big problems with DVD fab. I'm burning coasters...but it not the media...the program is reading the disc info incorrectly.

I cant figure out a fix for it...so I need to try a different Blu Ray Burning program.

Anybody know of any?

2. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

Try this get AnyDvdHD from Slysoft should be 21 day free trial. Use it to burn files to hard drive and there decoded.
    For 1:1 Backups I use Imgburn FREE.
    Been trying DvdFabHD putting some movies, over 25gb for Full Disc backup and some for movie only on 25 Gig Disc`s. Been working real good for me.
    Good Luck

3. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Make sure you are using the correct burning engine with DVDFab.
    Jeff

4. fapestar

fapestar Member

whats the correct burning engine. i use imgburn

I play the preview to check out matrix 1 and it skips. The audio lags and other things in certain spots...and that what happens when it burns, in the exact same spots.

I know cuz I tried to burn Insideous blu ray and I made 2 coasters and I checked the preview so I could find out what happened at the end...and the preview did the same thing as the disc I burned.

What do you think is the problem?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  5. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Maybe the media or your burner is crapping out.
    I assume other disks play just fine.If not it may be another problem.

BTW OP you did not mention in your post you use Imgburn or the version of DVDFab. Try to include all the details as much as possible.
    Jeff

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  6. fapestar

fapestar Member

im using dvdfab q1.8 something. the latest version.

i said i use imgburn in my last post.

The matrix burned and ran okay..I seen there was a universal issue with source code.

But insidious...the end was all jacked up...Could not figure out a way to fix it and i made 3 coasters...but it was DEFEINATELY NOT THE MEDIA.

7. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Yes in your second post by not in your original post.

I purchased Source Code on Blu-Ray. Used AnyDVD to rip it. Watched it from beginning to end without a hitch. You have to stay on top of the latest updates.

Maybe your burner lasers is not getting out of alignment or getting weak. Sure, it may work with some movies.

It needs to be consistent with all DVDs which sounds like it is not.

Try burning at a slower burn rate. DVD blank disks are so cheap, making coasters is not that expensive. Also try a DL disk so the compression is not so huge there will not be an A/V degradation problem. Anything more than 20% compression looks horrible.
    Jeff

8. paperc07

paperc07 Member

can anyone help me I am burning the blu ray's fine but when I play them in a friends blu ray player some of them work great and the others the pixels are like messing up its like chopping and I am using multiavchd and I have also used tsmuxer as well and like I said sometimes they will work fine others it will mess up and also when I play them in my PC's blu ray burner they play just fine. Is it something to do with his sony bdp s270 blu ray player?

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

paperc07, start your own thread about your problem as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no.

10. fapestar

fapestar Member

Hmm. Iono. My burner is a light-on, I havent seen any reviews about bad lasers or other problems.

I think it has something to do with DVDfab

Anydvd HD is way too expensive..

11. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Read the DVDFab forums for similar problems MyCe is a good one. Ask questions
    http://club.myce.com/

I assume you are using the DVDFab free. Heaven forbid you have to pay money for anything.
    AnyDVD has constant updates. I'm not sure how DVDFab free works far as updates go.
    Nobody knows better how software works then the developers. Let the experts answer your questions if you are convinced DVDFab is the problem.

Just because your burner is a Light-On do not think it is immune to problems.
    Light-on does not make their own burners.

I have a Two Plextor burners. One is Blu-Ray the other is DVD. Plextor also does not manufacturer their own burners.
    Jeff

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  12. fapestar

fapestar Member

I checked the forums...no bueno.

And the Developers are like Super Asian so I have no idea what their e-mails say lol. I'll try myce.