1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best burning speed

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by plasmannc, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I agree really though, lol

2. plasmannc

plasmannc Member

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my initial question. The comments are really appreciated.

I noted several comments about the media to be used when burning SVCD's. While I have burnt hundreds of CD's over the years it is only recently I have started making svcd. Most of my recent burns have been either at 4X or at most 8X. I have been having a frequent problem with what I will call pixelation (colored blocks and or audio pops) right near the end of each CD (last 3 - 5 minutes). It does not seem to be a function of burn speed or file size as set in "biterate" with in DVDtoSCVD. (740 or 800 for disk size).

Since the problem is occuuring near the end of the CD I am assuming it is right out near the edge of the recordable medium. Can this be a function of the quality of the CD media used? BTW I get the same result on two different systems with different burners.

If what I described sounds like a media problem what are the best brands that has been found?

Thanks to all

Since

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

MEG2 or bin& cue format?. I had something similar of the same problem you had burning MPEG2 format& Nero. I then started creating bin& cue format (CD Image tab folder>VCDXBuild ticked). I now use BurnAtOnce and good media and don't have "pixelation" issues. Hope this helps. With my testing, my conclusion using DVD2SVCD is to also create bin& cue file(s) and use BurnAtOnce Or VCDEasy.
    VCDEasy: http://www.vcdeasy.org/
    BurnAtOnce: http://www.burnatonce.com/index.html
    Nero: __________ <---------------= Blank

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2003
  4. plasmannc

plasmannc Member

Shoey, thanks for the reply and what seems to be the probable solution.

While I have burnt many bin/cue's I was unable to get a recognizable CD when using Nero to burn the bin/cue created by DVDtoSVCD. Disk was always unreadable and rejected by my system. Soooo I had been loading the bin/cue into daemon tools and using Nero's CD Copy for all of the burns.

Tried using "burnatonce" and the bin/cue and as far as I can tell the finish disk appears to be okay. Any idea as to what the problem with Nero and Mpeg2 or DVDtoSVCD bin/cue might be?

Thanks for the help

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I really can't give you an accurate answer. It might be an issue with Nero MPEG2 plug-in. Anyways, you can uninstall Nero because you don't need the program anyways.

Bin& cue, iso, data= BurnAtOnce 0.95
    Safedisc 2.8.x (The Sims Unleashed)= Alcohol 120% (burner MUST be "compliant" to make backup)
    SecuROM 4.8.x(Unreal Tournament 2003)= BlindWrite 4.25
    Music: EAC (Exact Audio Copy). Plexy users= Plex Tools

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2003
  6. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Now now Shoey! lets not push it, Nero is an excellent program, and it does the job of many others, which you need a single program for each type, it's rather useless and pointless.

7. Dela

alcohol, Alcohol, ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!

120% that is =) This software allows you to choose the protection type and then beats it and makes a perfect backup =)

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

@ Stefy
    Grins, Ok so Nero is at least good for something, lol

@Dela
    Alcohol CAN'T backup SecuROM 4.8.x (Unreal Tournament 2003), BlindWrite can without "additional measures", or the need of software installation to play the backups. Other than that, Alcohol 120% is a rock solid program.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2003
  9. Sefy

Sefy Guest

@Shoey, Stefy ??? :-/
    I Like Nero as an All-In-One solution that doesn't take as much space as competing products like: WinOnCD 6 and EZ CD Creator 5

I Do all my Data CD's with NERO, and all my Audio CD's with NERO, and all my regular CD to CD Copies with it, works perfect, and doesn't take much space either.

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Sefy,
    I think I got your name right, lol. Nothing wrong with Nero as long as the burnin' program suits you. I've found more "dependable" burning software for formats that I burn. I like BurnAtonce for bin& cue, iso's, data. For audio I use what is considered to be the best and that is Exact Audio Copy. Backing up pc cd protection is always changing and there is no "one" ultimate burning program. BlindWrite conquered the latest SecuROM 4.8.x& Alcohol 120% does fine for Safedisc 2.8.x. CloneCD is a hit& miss backing up Safedisc 2.8.x even with burners that "right regular bit patterns correctly" (EFM Encoding).

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2003
  11. Dela

For new compilations and stuff like that nero is good but i dont really like it at all!

12. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Personaly I Use NERO for just about all my Burning needs of Data and MP3 to Audio, for every VideoCD I use TMPGEnc for Encoding and VCDEasy to create the image, and NERO for burning the images.

I Found it to be most reliable for me, and although I do have just about all the rest of the programs installed, it's mostly for the Guides, since I don't put anything in the guide that I haven't tested myself first.

13. Dela

I used to use VCDEasy for vcd image creation but i dont like it for svcd (vbr)!

14. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Yes, I do recall you mentioned that before, by the way, I wasnted you to try something on something, i just can't remember what it was right now, so did you do it ? ;-P

15. Dela

I don't have a clue lol