1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best buy-getting a better deal

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by smacko, Apr 14, 2010.

1. smacko

smacko Regular member

wondering if anyone has been able to talk them down in price. Here's what i tried i want KDL32EX500 which is 699 in the store and 629 online. I told them that i would buy it and the 4 year plan if they went down to 599. The guy said that they couldn't because they already were going down to 629. I've done my homework and this tv sells for 629 everywhere and even sony.com, am i wrong here thinking they should do this. In the long run it would save around $60 i'm thinking

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Luckly, I have a friend that works at Best Buy. He got me about $450 dollars off when I bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV and Klipsch - Mirage Nanosat Speakers. It took him convincing his manager but I got a great deal on it. Also he threw in a surge protector, hdmi cable, and speaker wires for free.

A few tips when bartering, just be very friendly, discuss about the item with them as if you "know your stuff", sometimes if you do this, they know you've done your homework, and now they're trying to impress you (but don't make them feel stupid though), and sometimes good liners are (after you've had a somewhat long a friendly conversation about the item) is "That's a little too expensive for me man, could you give me a cheaper price" or something similar along those lines.

Another example is going with a friend or family member. I've went a few times with my brother when he bought his TV, xbox, etc, and I'v helped him get a deal on some items. Don't know exactly what it was, but maybe was because the salesperson knew that I knew what I was talking about or maybe it's a lot easier when your discussing price reductions with another person there.

Your not in the wrong at all. Why would you pay more when it's cheaper at another store. Here in Canada most electronic stores like Best Buy, Futureshop, Staples, have a lower price guarantee.
    Here's link about U.S. Best Buy's:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/Price-Match-Guarantees/pcmcat188300050014.c?id=pcmcat188300050014

So if you find a cheaper price online, just print it out and show it to them, but be nice and "act smart" though, you'll have a better experience if you do.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. smacko

smacko Regular member

I went back and a nicer saleswoman explained that they can't touch the price once it's already on sale, if the first guy would have done this i wouldn't have been as mad. I was lucky and got a saved about $200 on the same 1080-120 type i was looking at by getting a Samsung that was on clearance. I always wanted to get a Samsung so i'm happy.

4. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Lately I think Samsung has been producing some of the best HDTV's. What model did you get if you mind me asking?