1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best calibration setting for XBR 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MDSP, Oct 22, 2007.

1. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

Hey guys,

what is the best calibration setting for this LCD TV?

thanks

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

i use the factory default

i tryed some other combos but didn't like the picture,so play with the setting yourself and see if can come up with something you like

or you can spend 1000 plus bucks and have it professionally done

3. Playr

Playr Regular member

It all depends on your viewing environment and your personal taste. If you wish to calibrate you should at least get one of the calibration DVDs for DIY or hire someone for $300 to $500.

4. FB49ER

FB49ER Member

hey i just got the xbr4 did anyone get a good setting for the pic
    I did my own and blu-rays look great but my cable hd ch look like crap any help would be great thanks

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

This question is flawed. All TV's even ones of the same model will perform differently. Settings that work for one person won't work for another. If they did tvs would have a setting for this. Your viewing space is the biggest variable. Is it a brighter place or darker place? Does the lighting condition change through out the day?

The best way to calibrate is to have a pro do it. Pro meaning some one trained to do it and certified by the ISF or equivalent agency. Best Buy has a service that is $300 that will do it right. The ISF recommend spending between $300-$500 on the service. That price could vary well double if you also want your audio system calibrated.

Ced