1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best CD R?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Jay05, May 12, 2004.

1. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I prefer using Sony or Memorex....
    Actually I like Sony...cuz most of my things are sony
    Memorex....well sometimes I had problems but recently there is none so I like it....
    The Verbatims are good too... :)

2. getcopyin

getcopyin Guest

3. BCChad

BCChad Member

I've noticed through the years that the recording has gotten much better. I say this because majority of the recordable media that you buy will do just fine. I think the main problem that I come across atleast, is the product quality. I say this in terms how long it lasts. It almost seems like the company's are intentional in making products that only between 10 and 100 uses depending on the care of the media. I have noticed that Verbatim has really good products and for longer lasting they offer a nostaligic record type cover.

4. RCBabcock

RCBabcock Member

I've found Mitsui CD-Rs to be the best in my experience. TY are really good too, and I've had pretty good luck with ProDisc. All I buy are printable CD-Rs (inkjet). ProDiscs are pretty cheap & had a bad rep in the past, but their product over the last couple years seems much better than the old stuff.

If I recall, the US Library of Congress uses only Mitsui discs, as do many universities & govt agencies. I use only MAM if the disc is something important.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I used to only use Ridata CD-R discs in the past, however, I think that in the last 3-4 years that the overall quality of the discs has improved by leaps and bounds. The only time I burn coasters anymore seems to be due to my own impatience. Now, I look for the deals - recently I purchased 100 matt-silver sided Ridatas for $12 at Office Max, and they had a $7 manufacturer's mail in rebate and a $5 Office Max mail in rebate! The 100 CD-R discs ended up costing me the .72¢ in tax I paid, plus .74¢ for 2 stamps. $1.46 for 100 Ridata discs was the bottom line, not bad!

6. GIJohn

GIJohn Member

I really like TDK's, they work everytime, but watch out that you dont leave them in ANY direct sunlight. I destroyed one in just about an hour or so. The silver finish on the outside faded to an orange color and now the disc is pitted and skips like crazy.

I had some verbatims left in the sun by accident and they were fine so it might just be the TDK's are more subject to sun damage.

Or you could also not be dumb enough to leave them sit out in the sun in your car...