1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best discs for making HP Recovery discs?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by NewTech17, Jan 21, 2005.

1. NewTech17

NewTech17 Member

I have Sony CD-R Music discs, and I was wondering if they are okay for recording the HP Recovery dics. Since they are specifically for Music information. I'm afraid that they will not come out right. If anyone has any suggestions on the best c.d.'s for that. I mean you only have one chance to make them. All six of them... is this the average amount by the way?

2. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I've never tried music discs for data (only burning audio CD's on the computer) but they test very well (at least the sony made color discs do) with Nero's CD-DVD speed. As to using them for data I'd try one (for any data files) first before using them as recovery discs.

As to number of discs my dads new Sony Vaio took 12 discs which are in a safe place. I used his CMC made Memorex discs simply because I didn't want to drive 70 miles round trip for my better quality Ritek CDR's that I got from the www.rima.com website. If you see one or two small rings on the hub of a set of CDR's then it was made by CMC as far as my testing goes. Memorex may have changed manufacters but Phillips & Imation are still CMC manufactured.

Maybe somebody can tell you which brand name (off the shelf) are TY, Ritec or Prodisc. They are the best discs...

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The only difference between regular and music CD's is that the music CD's contain special coding that allows them to work in home audio CD recorders. PC's do not check for this specific coding and therefore when burning in a PC it doesn't matter which type you use.

4. btitus

btitus Regular member

If you have a dvd burner it might be best to put the information on them. That way you only have to use two discs. Worked great for me.