1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best dvd author

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by justadub, Nov 12, 2007.

1. justadub

justadub Member

I am fairly inexperienced with dvd authoring..I have seen some really amazing dvds created by others and I was wandering what the best program to use is. I have nero at the moment but it will not (that I can find) let you make menus without having puctures. What I am looking to do is have a background picture and then only have text for the titles and chapters with no pictures can this be done with nero or what program do I need to do this? Antoher feature I would like to have is a 'play all' button.

2. attar

attar Senior member

One option, DVDStyler, is a free authoring software for MPG video (Vob's etc).
    Load the titles and use one button per title or have a 'play all'.
    In this instance, two titles were loaded and one button selected and dragged to the layout screen.
    The properties can be changed by right clicking the button.
    The final step is authoring the DVD.

http://www.dvdstyler.de/

[​IMG]

3. justadub

justadub Member

Thanks...from what i can see with this program you cannot create new chapters? so if I was to create chapters in nero could I then use this program and have a separate button for each chapter or not? What Im looking to do is I have an Eric Clapton dvd that was not chaptered by the original creator so what I wanted to do is have each individual song as a seperate chapter and then have a cool looking menu page...all of that can be done with nero except the pictureless menu page what I'm shooting for is something like this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  4. attar

attar Senior member