1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best dvd backup software ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Unjust2u, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hello all , i am new to the forum (Great forum by the way !) and have spent at least six hours reading links and articals on the forum . here is my question ? i have seen a lot of articals on here about the best copying software . i currently use dvd shrink 3.2 and dvd decrypter for my backups and they work great and are free (and use scubapetes guide)all the links i have been reading are a few months old . so as for updates and all current software products out there (dvd2one , clonedvd, oneclick copy etc. etc.)what produces the absolute best quality and best reliabily period (money costs aside)! any thoughts on this, Especially from the people who have done a lot of backups would be highly appriciated. thank you for your time and what a great forum !! :)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Lol, there's no set standard as to what produces the 'Perfect Back-up', it's down to trial and error, depending on a multitude of things, pc set up etc.
    Personally i use:-
    DVD Decrypyer
    DVD2One
    Nero 6 Ultra
    RiDisc 4X -r's [G05]
    No complaints from me :)

Dene
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  4. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Thank You for the link , when i first got my dvd burner a few weeks ago (optorite dd0405) i started reading around and found this forum . well the first thing i tried was dvd43 with dvdxpress 321 ...well i thought this was easy until i watched the whole backup and about a half hour into the movie an old james bond dvd i have it locked on certain dvd players (skipped one whole chapter)then i tried the same thing on dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and no problems no skips ...so it got me wondering if i could do better ? but maybe i should leave well enough alone? thats why i asked the question ....thanks for all of your help, you guys are great !

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Dene's hit the nail on the head. There's no set "best ever" software or combination thereof.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so download some trial version if you want to experiment and make up your own mind what works for you :)