1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Burner for Backing up DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by JohnnyMIS, Jul 4, 2003.

1. JohnnyMIS

JohnnyMIS Member

Hi I am an avid DVD collector and would like to back up my dvd collection so I do not have to play the originals and risk damaging them. What is the best hardware for this purpose? I have a panasonic progressive scan dvd player if that makes a difference. I was thinkin the Pioneer 105 or 106 or the Sony u10a or 510a. I would really like to get the drive in black is that possible with the 105 or 106??? Ok I did a little homework and it looks like the Pioneer 105 in black will suit my needs. Now my next questions is what is the best software to back up dvd movies?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yep, Pioneer DVR105 is the best one to go for - AND I DONT WORK FOR PIONEER TOSCA lol.

Software wise, i tend to go with DVD Shrink because its free, fast and reliable. It will ahve your DVD ripped and compressed, if needed, faster than most. Also look at DVD Decrypter and DVD2One.

Use Record Now Max to burn - follow my guide on the website below or go to the afterdawn guide section:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

Chris