1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kaos1121, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Yordan

Yordan Guest

I guess, I`m one of the few lucky ones that haven`t had any problems with DVDXCopy Platinum. I mainly use the Xpress option and out of about 200 burns may be I`ve had 5 or 6 costers (overcompression) I also use Shrink but with deep analysis and Quality enhancements it takes more than twice the time XCopy needs and the end result is as good as the one produced by XCopy. Despite all the stick that everyone is giving XCopy, when you get it to work it`s hard to beat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2004
  2. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Yordan
    It does Work well once you get everything figured out
    I was an Official Beta Tester for 321 Studios
    The downside is all of the Software Conflicts with other Programs
    That and some people just could not get it to work at all
    I did have alot of success with it
    Also had alot of failures
    With some of the New protections out it just will not work
    IMHO
    The Best version is 4.04.15 RF it works well with Any DVD
    But it just doesnt compare to Elby's Clone DVD 2
    I havent found a movie that I own yet that cant be done with it
    I also have not had one Coaster sinc I started using it
    Cant say that about DVDXCopy
    :)

3. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

Lets give 321 studios the credit they deserved. There products were the first to make DVD copy feasible to the mass market. Sadly, they failed to properly test the software on a wide enough sample of hardware. I used to use express, but have switched over to other products that produce better results. However, it worked well in its day.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Hello again Yordan! Xcopy works a treat for me too. I have not had a dvd I could not copy with it. There are many who will go into peurile rants as to how bad they deem xcopy to be. Me? I love it, it works everytime!

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

PS, never had a coaster with xcopy either!

6. swm04a

swm04a Member

calling brian100 or anyone else willing to help...
    hello i noticed that you were talking to another member about the best dvd backup softwares, i just recently purchased a dvd burner for my dell laptop and i am wondering what the best software for my needs would be, all i would like to be able to do is make copies of dvd's such as "Van Helsing", "Top Gun", etc. i am without a doubt a very computer inefficient person, any help in terms i might recognize would be more than appreciated thank you for your time and anyone elses time who is reading this!

7. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Until dual layer media gets down to a reasonable price I intend to stick with XCopy Express as it is one of the fastest transcoders around with very good end results.

8. Yordan

Yordan Guest

swm04 - I would recomend DVDShrink as it is free and it gives you great control over the copying process. There are several very good guides on how to use it. On top of this page click on Guides and scroll down to DVD R and look for a Shrink guide.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2004
  9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  10. permatex

permatex Regular member

i have used dvdxcopy from the first issue,at that time there were some problems that were worked out.i now use dvdxcopy express and it works every time.im staying with weat works for me.

11. jamo9000

jamo9000 Member

I have used several different programs, Shrink, Recode 2 Dvd X copy.

I have found DVD X copy perfect for the job i want it to do. I want to copy the MOVIE and MAIN MENU only.

I use the latest version of x copy and it works a treat for this job and all in just 3 clicks, by just selecting the main movie in advanced option it keeps the main menu intact. No silly 321 backup screen at the start of backup dvd or pop ups like @is this a rented dvd.

I agree for a full movie or movie only shrink or recode 2 now due to the deep analyis option would provide better results especially on larger movies, however these programs are unable to provide a movie and meny only option unless u replace the extras with blank screens and mess about for ages!!!

MOVIE + MENU - has to be DVD X COPY PLATINUM 4.0.4.15

Full movie backups or movie only(without menu) id have to say i agree with what seems to be the majority, shrink or recode 2 are better options as they provide better quality.

12. bdgriff

bdgriff Guest

I either always used shrink/nero combo w/great results or Intervideo dvdcopy. In fact just downloaded the new dvdcopy version 3 and LOVE it...
    Just my .02 worth though

13. david1550

david1550 Member

What is the Best DVD Copy Program?

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you not just read this thread?

15. travis20

travis20 Member

I use DVD Shrink and then burn to DVD using Nero, but about 50% of the time I get failure at exactly 2.9% progress. And when it doesn't fail, it holds up at 2.9 for a long time. Anyone have any ideas why? this is frustrating and I have wasted so many DVDs. There is no way to reuse a DVD once it has 2.9% of a movie burnt, is there> DVD-R

Thanks,

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Travis20 what movie is this you are having the problem with?

17. travis20

travis20 Member

any movie, it works for some, not for others. Netflix DVDs. It just didn't work for Troy.

thanks for your reply,

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

My guess would be you got a bad rip to your HD. Try re-ripping the movie using Decrypter in file mode. Then run the files threw Shrink to make it fit on one DVD. Heres a guide that might help with this movie. It has helped others with problem movies http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

19. permatex

permatex Regular member

i too is a belives in dvdxcopy express,in order to keep up with the newer copyright protection i would suggest using dvdxcopy and anydvd together.anydvd preaks the copyright code and dvdxcopy copy and burn your dvd.

20. clairie

clairie Member

and CopytoDVD by VSO?

anyone tried?