1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kaos1121, Oct 3, 2004.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

BB mayo has a good list.

Mine differs only slightly - and does include Recode2 which I think is an excellent and under-used proggy -

1. Cinema Craft Encoder
    2. DVD2One
    3. InterVideo DVDCopy3
    4. Nero's Recode2
    5. CloneDVD2 by Elby
    4. Fab DVD
    5. DVD Shrink
    6. Copy2DVD
    7. dvd Santa
    8. DVD XCopy Platinum
    9. 1-Click DVD Copy
    10. ClonerII (otherwise know as a knockoff of DVD Shrink ver 3.17)
    11. CloneDVD (by the other guys)

Cheers,

Pete

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Scuba Pete

Glad you included Recode2 I have been using this program more and more and really do like it, I agree I think it gets overlooked.

3. rodwaits

rodwaits Member

gabulldog, I use the Riteks, but I get the problem even when I put my c: drive as target, then when I see the movie with power dvd or any other program, from my HD, I get the problem with the menus... so I figured the problem was in the Intervideo encoding process, i guess. Have you had any problem like it??

4. jwo62

jwo62 Member

-

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@jwo62

You can do the same things with CloneDVD2 and for the price of DVD95 you can get both CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. Plus AnyDVD can be used with other programs.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hey guys, i don't think that what is important is how fast but, how good is the quality. yes fast is nice to have but the picture quality is my main concern. so let's try again. which one is better( quality)

7. jwo62

jwo62 Member

-

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Whoa there jwo62,

I appreciate your pointing out DVD95Copy But I have purchased many proggys to try and DVD95Copy wasn't popular enough for me to purchase to compare BUT I will try it - thanks for the tip . .

However, you are way, way out of line when you said,

AnyDVD broke the ARccOS encryption and released the update a full day before ARccOS was released to the general public and it worked like a "Big Dog", tearing right through ARccOS like it wasn't there. I know because I was using it. Is it possible that you didn't get a full update OR that you didn't reboot your PC thereby fully installing it ? There must have been something because we had been talking about it "Big time" as its performance was impressive.

2. AnyDVD doesn't have anything to do with a program's reading errors during the analysis of the disc and I would LOVE to know the movie that gave you the read errors that you blamed on AnyDVD. It would be my guess that your problems were more related to the disc rather than AnyDVD.

As for CloneDVD2, like most proggys, it doesn't decrypt BUT YES, it does have a burning engine of it's own (and a pretty good one at that :).

That's a silly statement. Pple (me at least) get tired typing out every tiny little detail. Any ripping proggy may be used. AnyDVD is very popular because its updates are done almost each week (or so it seems). You may use AnyDVD OR you could use:
    DVDD (FREE)
    DVD43 (FREE) (rips ARccOS and was updated today to make it more stable, it's getting better)
    RegionFree ($$$$)
    SmartRipper (FREE)
    DVD43 ($$$$) even though it doesn't rip everything, etc, etc, etc.

If you don't mind a poor quality backup. It does seem that the kids of today don't care about quality, just how fast can it get done. Thread after thread all over the forums speak about the same thing. Everyone wants it done in 6 minutes no matter if there are artifacts through and through the movie. Ooohh, Yea, they want to pay $.17 cents (one Newbie claimed that he was paying that) for a DVD and didn't care if it wouldn't play in 6 months.

Huuummm, my blood pressure is raising . . . OK, I'm done !

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

My sentiments exactly and nicely put. When I changed computers from an AST to an IBM back in the Win '95 days, I had to delete 80% of my software as DVD XCopy had "issues" with my software. God was that a headache BUT I wanted to backup DVD's. I had purchased the very first DVD XCopy that did Movie only to 1 disc OR it split the DVD between 2 discs. That was it, just 2 choices. BUT, in it's day, the scarifies seemed worth it OR so I thought. Especially when they sent me DVD Xpress, "at no additional charge." Lol there were still many DVD's it wouldn't work on. We had to go back for a "fix" OR sometimes, just forget about it.

BUT that was then and now is now. It served it's purpose but now, I can put all but one proggy that I want on my PC. The only one that clashes is Roxio.

Ciao all,

Pete

10. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    Ive used every burning prog out there, but still go back to padus discjuggler

11. jwo62

jwo62 Member

-

12. bandog

bandog Guest

Hey All!!!....I've been using dvdfab express for awhile,and since I started using sony media I have'nt had one misburn....About 200 backups...I think that says alot about the program ...Don't you?

13. bandog

bandog Guest

Hey All!!!....I've been using dvdfab express for awhile,and since I started using sony media I have'nt had one misburn....About 200 backups...I think that says alot about the program ...Don't you?

14. bandog

bandog Guest

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Says a lot about the media.

16. BobTammik

BobTammik Member

Over the past 18 months I have used various DVD copy programs and rippers - for example I started with DVD X Copy, then 1Click Copy then DVD Shrink and Nero in combo and lately DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter in combo. I have used several burners such as Pioneer, Liteon and at the moment an LG.
    While all methods have been very good and the burners themselves have all been excellent about the most important lesson I have learned is:
    Don't use very cheap DVD media - the temptation when first getting into burning is to buy cheap media and I ended up with a number of coasters - around 10%.
    Since switching to TDK and Verbatim I have had very very few failures.

17. permatex

permatex Regular member

ok scubpete,true dvdxcopy is a hard sell these days however you failed to mention that studio 321 which made dvdxcopy was under pressure from hollywood and the courts for years which in turn slowed their improvements to their product,they have beem out of business for a couple of years now and even so dvdxcopy products in conjunction with anydvd still makes a decent copy.since dvdxcopy,everyone who makes dvd copy software seem to use dvdxcopy as a pattern with improvements.like you said dvdxcopy was one of the first credable copy software for the masses.

18. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I to think Xcopy was the forerunner to a lot of the new programs. I did a trial version of DVD Fab Gold/Express and the program works well, but it looks suspiciously like a repackaged Xcopy right down to the VSO burning engine. Use some good media with it and you get a nice backup, however I am sticking with Decrypter and Nero I like the versatility of these programs.

19. permatex

permatex Regular member

note-dvdxcopy programs at that time was so threatening to the movie industry that they got the court to shut them down,i would have liked to see their program today had the courts not shut them down.any way we have to move on and im still looking for a simple program that is fast with good quality.i will continue to use dvdxcopy and 1-click with anydvd for the time being.

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi all,

So long as quality is not an issue and control over your backup doesn't matter than there are indeed many programs like DVDFab, 1-Click DVDCopy, DVD95Copy and a slew of others that you can choose from.

Also, as long as $$$ isn't an issue either the field is wide open.

As I have said in the past. Our younger members don't care about anything other than speed as many of our threads will attest. Copy and burn in 14 minutes and we'll still have pple asking to shave 1/2 of the time off.

Different pple, different values. Me, I want a quality backup and time isn't a factor.

I cannot argue with pple like djboogie, who have stated for all to see:

~ There can be no room for discussion.

Me, Well I've been here for several years and was doing backups before I found aD and have made a hobby of trying many of the proggys BUT by no means, what so ever have I tried every one.

I shall therefore defer to experience as should you all.

We have no right holding a discussion with someone who has compared every program in existence.

Sea Yaaaaa