1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kaos1121, Oct 3, 2004.

1. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

15 hours to backup a movie! even with my crappy computer only takes me 3.5 to 4 hours. i use RB-PRO with HC, slower than CCE but it should not take 15 hours. and i use HC on its slowest mode.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  2. permatex

permatex Regular member

im amazed to hear of a movie backup taking 14 to 15 hours,i back up movies only with no extra using anydvd and clond dvd2 1 to 1.5 hours from start to finish max.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

permatex
    i am also amazed its taking you over a hour using clonedvd2,as it takes me 8 to 20 min to rip and 8 to 10 min to burn.

some info for ye all

DVD Identifier 4.2.0
    Author: Kris Schoofs
    Date: 2005-10-24
    Size: 1 Mb
    License: Freeware
    Requires: Win All

DVD Identifier retrieves and interprets the pre-recorded information that is present on all DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW and DVD-RAM media. This information contains a variety of parameters such as disc manufacturing information and supported write speeds. Even though this information is usually printed on the packaging, the brand name may differ from the actual manufacturer or sometimes there might not even be any packaging information at all.

To Summarize : 'DVD Identifier' offers a reliable method of accurately identifying the disc's REAL manufacturer.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4413.html

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey ireland,

It's soooo good to have someone else tout the advantages of running your media through DVDIdentifier. I've posted hundreds of links to that program and so few pple bother to use it. Whenever I open a shipment of media, the first thing I do is run it through Identifier to be sure I have what I ordered. If anyone would like an example of exactly how good it really is ~ Run a "Great AZO" disc through it and do an advanced search. It is an eye-opener to say the least.
    IMO, much better than DVDInfoPro for media investigation.

"P"

@zizouille,

Nice article, though I don't completely agree, you did support the majority of your conclusions well and I agreed with the majority of your findings.

If you will re-read my post, I stated that your piece was quite interesting. The only thing I felt necessary to bring up was,

Working with several proggys, when checking quality in transcoding, those showing the most artifacts are generally those transcoder’s who extrapolate the first GOP analysis and distribute that over the entire DVD. The analysis of the "b" frames s/b variable throughout the entire the DVD NOT set at the beginning and continued throughout the DVD regardless of any changes which might occur later in the video.

Once again, it's just my 2-cents,

Cheers, all

“P”

5. h2ouup2

h2ouup2 Member

Well InterVideo DVD Copy 4 Platinum will not burn Madagascar even with AnyDVD 5.5.5.1. It chokes on it and give the message Not Responding in Windows Task Manager.

CloneDVD2 made a fine copy of it. I noticed on some DVD players it would jump at the menus but play the main movie ok. However on my JVC player it plays fine. (Burning just the movie gave me no problems what so ever)

Back on topic.

Both Nero Recode2, DVDFab, and CloneDVD2 can burn it with AnyDVD, where as my previous favorite InterVideo DVDCopy 4 can't even start.

So I guess there is a new sheriff in town.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

no there is not, anydvd and 1clickdvd copy(the most powerful ripper i have ever seen)did the job just fine.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  7. catfreak

catfreak Active member

ICOPYDVDs2 (v4.0.0) with AnyDVD (5.5.5.1) did it (Madagascar) just fine .. the copy scans great and is a clone that's been compressed onto a 4.7 disc .. looks very good when paused and zoomed

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Cat "ole'" Buddy,

I did it the exact same way.
    I got ICopyDVDs2 FREE when I bought my BenQ 1625. A surprisingly decent proggy :)

As you said, all you need do is press "Copy," go have a little dinner and everything comes out fine.

Cheers,

"P"

9. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Hello there, Pete .. I've been wonderin' when you'd come up to the surface ... I was given a copy of ICOPYDVDs2 a year and a half ago and it really has been surprisingly good ..

How do you like your BenQ? I bought a 1640 a while ago and it is an awesome writer .. in my opinion, the best!

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Vic,

The 1625 is really sweet. I bought it just for the LightScribe & to help my NEC with Book typing but now my NEC, and both of my Pioneers are taking a second seat to it. I was enjoying the speed of the 109 when burning DL discs BUT the 1625 handles it all so well, the only time I use the Pioneer 109 for DL burning is when I'm doing 2 discs at the same time with Nero. I know it's wild but I think it's using less resources to do the exact same work.

Query ~ I understood there were some initial issues with the 1640, did they clear it up with a Firmware release ?

11. neroboy

neroboy Member

I've tried most of these programs and have finally decided to stick with dvd shrink which does its job brilliantly, decrypts, shrinks and burns all in a reasonable amount of time with almost no picture degradation.
    I would like to mention Azurues which is great software for downloading from Bitorrent internet pages where you will find all the software you will ever need, with the exception of shrink etc. These programs being freeware.

12. neroboy

neroboy Member

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As far as DVD Shrink goes:

It is in it's final stage. Although it will never be upgraded it still remains a program to measure other programs. Some are better, sure, many are worse, some much worse AND all of these programs, the good and bad have something in common. They all cost you $$.$$ Some cost a lot of $$.$$ BUT, DVD Shrink is, and always has been, FREE ! ! !

Me, I still use DVD Shrink, a LOT ! !

Burn on Good Guys, Burn on . . .

BTW. I like Azurues as well :) BUT let's be careful what we say about downloading "all the software you'll ever need" AND what we link too. We haven't crossed any bridges yet BUT I can sea one coming up in the distance ~

I suggest to all Noobs that they read our rules so they don't get banned by accident ~

Rules:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Cheers,

14. zizouille

zizouille Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2005
  15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ICopyDVDs2

16. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I agree with Pete .. ICOPYDVDs2 is the easiest and best quality outside of using DL discs (which ICOPYDVDs2 will also handle very well)

Now as far as editing DVD+VR discs that my set top recorders produce .. well DVD Shrink works very well and I can use either DVD Decrypter, ICOPYDVDs2 or Nero to burn the results

17. zizouille

zizouille Guest

i gonna test Idvdcopy
    thanks

18. zizouille

zizouille Guest

I have tried DVDSanta 4 to backup my old dvd: Gladiator
    This program is a little slow: 2 hours and don't allow to shrink the dvd (dvdfab before). But witch quality of image!!! Very very good , better than clonedvd, dvdshrink....same than new Dvd2one. If everyone can confirm this ...

19. neroboy

neroboy Member

Hope you guys still have this thread active. Thanks Scubapete for the info. Its been a while so have any of you come across any superior software? And could the giy talkin about dvd santa 4 please explain what he means by did not allow to shrink so used fab before. Would like to know if any progran can produce better resukts than DvdShrink. thanks.

20. zest

zest Member

use caution the trial version of icopydvds2 caused my computer to crash, make sure you update your restore point