1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rilke, May 4, 2007.

1. rilke

rilke Member

I'm having problems copying movies with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.
    Would like to know if anyone has used DVDFab Platinum with CloneDVD2 and what were the results. My DVD burner is a PX-755UF External 16X
    DVD+R/RW DL.

Thanks for any info or recommendations that will assist me in solving the problem.

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

why don't you tell us the problems you are having with anydvd and clonedvd2. they are the best at backing up dvds. we need more info to help you.

3. rilke

rilke Member

The movie is read but isn't written to the blank DVD discs. I've tried using several brands of blank discs, Sony, Memorex and Verbatim. When I insert the blank disc and press start, I receive a message that states" Please insert blank disc."

My computer specs are the following:
    Xp Pro
    DG9650T Matx MB
    LGA775 Core2Duo 6600 2.4
    4 512 MB DDR2/533 Ram
    250 GB HDD SATA II 7200rpm
    On-board Video and Audio

Hopefully, this info will allow someone to suggest a combo that will allow me to copy DVDs

Once again, many thanks!

4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

are you sure you are selecting the right burner?

5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

are you burning with clonedvd2 or some other application? make sure you are selecting the right drive at the burning point.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

as i said before, clonedvd2/anydvd are the best at copying dvds but there are others that are very good, one combo i prefer over clonedvd2/anydvd is fabdecrypter(free, google it) to copy the disc to your hard drive then use shrink(free also)to compress the files, then use IMGBurn to burn the files produced by shrink. shrink does have a better quality output than clonedvd2.

7. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I've found that AnyDVD and Nero v6.6.0.15a is an easy, effective way to 'backup' DVDs . . I use 2 passes and slow recoding for best quality . . I burn the 16x Verbs at 8x in one of my BenQ drives

The 'backups' play and look great on my 32" Tv

Victor

8. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

They are tools not best programs and your tools will change with the new encryptions so get used to using new tools with the old ones sometimes you will need to try a different combo of tools to get the job done