1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best dvd r media for i/o magic 16x internal dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vk7, Nov 2, 2004.

1. vk7

vk7 Member

Any suggestions on which would be the best and cheapest dvd +/- R blank media would be best compatible with i/o magiv Idvd16xDD i/o magic 16 x dvd +/- R/Rw drive would be?
    I called i/o magic copr and they asked me to buy ritek,princo,maxell, verbatim etc. Any idea what happens if i go with other brands? Are dvd burners really sticky about the dvd media that we use?
    Where can i buy dvd media at the cheapest price?
    PLEASE HELP

2. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

i have the same burner and i got supermedia 4x dvd-r they were only 45.00 for 200 of em this site has sales out the wassu http://www.supermedia.com im pretty sure afterdawn runs there add on the site every now and then or always dont quite remember where i saw it first but they have very good prices on dvd's hope this givesa ya some more insite
    thats all mine will use right now it has additude with dvd + discs it wont reconise them everything else works but not dvd+ i dunno see ya ed-d

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]vk7,

Any idea what happens if i go with other brands? Are dvd burners really sticky about the dvd media that we use? [/bold]

Media is EXTREMELY important!!! I can't stress this enough, it's the difference between a successful burn or a coaster. It's not just a quality issue. And yes, players can be picky(altho the new ones will play about anything), but if the burn isn't any good it won't matter what you play it on. Bad media can cause jumping, freezing, out of sync audio, etc. and not playing at all.

I use Ritek G04 or G05 -R or Ritek Ridata 4x +R (700 burns with NO coasters). Make sure they are BRANDED and never burn over 4x. here's a good place to get them for about .40-.45 each w/free shipping, they are an excellent company with a very good return policy:

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/ritek-g04-dvd-r-dvde-blank-media-disc-discs.html

[bold]XdjxedxdX[/bold]

I would add you need to heed this advice also if you are not buying these brands. BTW, check out the link above, Meritline consistently has better prices than Supermedia when it comes to quality media. I'm paying less than what you are and I'm buying Riteks per 100 packs instead of your brand in 200 packs.

4. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

wow good prices i didnt know about this site thanx i have used about 400 dvd's of the supermedia brand cause the price out weighed the 5-10 bad cd's ya get in a pack i figured i could live with some coasters if they were that cheap but this site you go to is sweet thanx ,dont think ill have to wory bout coasters any more or frisbees as i call em my bro gets a kick outta launching em lol
    thanx big orange
    sincerlly ED-D

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, you are quite welcome :>)

BTW, there is a little free app called dvdinfopro that i keep on my desktop for easy access because it has so many useful purposes. One of which is it will analyze your media. You might want to check it out.