1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD-R Media For PS2 Backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CodsterXP, Jul 15, 2003.

1. CodsterXP

CodsterXP Member

Hello, i have looked everywhere but could not find a exact answer. Heres the Question.

Ok my friend has a Pioneer AO3 DVD-R/RW Drive. I have a PS2 Version 7 With A Flip Top. I want too backup my games but i dont know what media is good. Fujifilm has 40% off at bestbuy. But the Memorex CD-Rs were good so are the DVD-Rs?. See i dont know.

What is the best media too use that u can find in stores not a website(regardless of price)?

2. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

Somebody answer! I would love to know the answer because I have the same thing going on here. what's the "best" MEDIA for PS2 and a FlipTop. I copied NCAA Football 2004 onto Verbatim DataLifePlus DVD+R 4.7 GB discs and a got the 'Red'. HELP please (ANSWER CodsterXP too)

Also- Will SwapMagic v2.0 work with all DVD media?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2003
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Ritek, fujifilm, verbatim datalife plus, tdk, memorex. As for NCAA, should have worked, you must have done something wrong. Also, swap magic doesnt care about the media, it depends on your playstation. And about the Fujifilm at best buy, it is actually Ritek media and even with the discount, you can still get it cheaper online.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ritek G03's and G04's work great

5. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

THANKS a lot sly_61019 and Oriphus. Exactly what I was lookin for. I guess the only way to copy a PS2 DVD is to create a file on the HDD first then write to the DVD? My friend Chad has the burner and he doesn't know what he's doin, it only took him 20 or so minutes and it's supposed to take a looong tiime. THANKS

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, copy to the hard drive and burn. it shouldnt take moe than 20-25mins with a 4x writer

7. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I have used most of the major brands...verbatim, tdk, memorex, fuji. I find I've had the best success with tdk & verbatim. I've had slight glitches in some movies and games that I burned using memorex & fuji. These aren't major, but I have noticed slight glitches in some dvd movies I burned using those brands.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, im happy with Verbatim and Ritek discs, be it Traxdata or any other version such as clone disc. You will have good results with these.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, im happy with Verbatim and Ritek discs, be it Traxdata or any other version such as clone disc. You will have good results with these.