1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best flash card for ds?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by amidamaru, Dec 18, 2007.

1. amidamaru

amidamaru Member

:( i was doing some research and there's so many flash cards for the DS. But wich one will be better ? i would like to be able to play DS roms, gameboy Advanced roms, and previous consoles like nes snes sega etc. please help me ^_^

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

R4DS does everything except play gba roms =[ cuz it is a slot 1 flashcard. if you dont mind paying an extra 30-40 bucks for a slot 2 card get an m3lite if you have a ds lite or if you have the original ds get the M3 mini/slim SD.

*edit* o yea i also heard the EZ-5 thing has gba support but only 1 gba game can be on it at a time for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  3. amidamaru

amidamaru Member

I know :( but i guess ill go with the R4DS since my friend has it and it seems easy to use ( and kinda cheap hehe) , thanks a lot ^_^ do you own any?

4. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

i do own the r4ds with a 2gb micro sd card, works AMAZINGLY. It is very easy to use. All you do is plug the micro sd card (usually R4s come with a micro sd to USB converter) into the computer, drag and drop the nds roms or homebrew onto the window. Then put it back into your ds and play! Also it has a media player with it and both the media player and the R4 main menu its easily skin-able (made most of my own custom themes)

5. slack12

slack12 Member

I'm in the same boat as Amidamaru with researching a homebrew kit. I like the sound of the R4DS, so the only restriction on that is no GBA, I can live with that I suppose. I don't have any NDS roms yet, but how many of those can you get onto a 2gb microSD?

Does the R4DS have any kind of web browser, and how does that work?

6. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

well for web browsing nintendo did make an offical web browser for the ds so you can always just buy or download the rom.

for how many games can a 2gb micro sd card hold, well it varies. NDS games can range from 8mb-128mb. so you can at least hold a total of about 15, 128mb games. Also there is a rom trimming tool on the r4ds site, it cuts out alot of unnecessary data of the rom. depending on the game it might only be like 5-10mb but I have seen about 40-50% trims sometimes.

7. fatman888

fatman888 Member

Sorry for the off topic but I am new to this, If I buy a DS lite what would be the best flashcard? I want a flash card that can let you listen to music, movies. And I want it to be easy to use so I dont mess up, Can someone help me buy a good flash cart? Thanks in advance.

8. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

def get the R4DS everything is just drag and drop. for videos you have to convert them. the best video converter is Batch DGP which can be found here

http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=117284

for R4DS just google around and find the cheapest 1, average price is around 35-40 bucks.

9. fatman888

fatman888 Member

Thanks for answering my questions but I think I am going to wait it out because alot of people seem to have problems with their flashcarts who know maybe better flashcarts will come out ;p

10. amidamaru

amidamaru Member

yeah can't live without GBA emulation either :( they need to do something about