1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST FM TRANSMITTER FOR IPOD share your opinion

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by m_jakey, Dec 2, 2005.

1. m_jakey

m_jakey Member

hey guys im interested in buying an fm transmitter for my ipod so i can always play it in my car just want to know your thoughts on what the best fm transmitter there is (less static and easy to use) please help. i heard the Monster Cable iCarPlay Wireless Plus FM Transmitter for Apple iPod is a very good one. any thoughts? please give your opinions on what you are using and your experience with it.

2. FTGF

FTGF Guest

the iTrip, uhh works with all channels some static (all i believe do unless you direct plug into stereo) Uses iPod battery which is a plus. Thats all i really have to say about it i guess.

3. sackingz

sackingz Guest

dont buy the itrip!!!!! the idiot before says itrip using the ipod's battery...well it drains the battery out...i bought a cheap fm transmitter from ebay..10 bucks with shipping and uses the ciagreete lighter in my car and it sounds great...........go for the ebay ones...

4. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

i recommended the Belkin FM transmitter although i have two of them and both broke after couple months of usage but guess what, i call the customer service department and they replace it without hassels also free shiping.

5. whutitdew

whutitdew Member

i got the Monster® iCarPlay™ Wireless - FM Transmitter. its expensive. but after trying 2 others. this one is worth the money.

iPodVideoSpot.com

6. sackingz

sackingz Guest

JUST BUY THE EBAY TRANSMITTERS.....dont buy those 49.99 monster transmitters...why??? whats so special about those???

7. m_jakey

m_jakey Member

regardless of how much it would cost me what would u guys suggest? thanks for your help

8. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

i bought mine for $40 from circuit city but i found those on ebay for $10

even if u bought from ebay and it's broken u can always sent it to belkin for a free replacement.

9. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I use the itrip with a cigerette lighter charger on the other end. So I never run out of juice.I have had no problems. I did run it once with no charger and it drained quick (6 hours) the reception gets worse as the power dies as well. But with that charger, I even drive a hundred ton coal hauler and have to wear ear plugs and I still hear it real good. It only cost me 24.95. My two cents. ---zen-->

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  10. m_jakey

m_jakey Member

r u guys saying that the brand doesnt really matter? ok thanks

11. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

If you go for the cheaper ones though, read a couple reviews beforehand~

~Lethal

12. m_jakey

m_jakey Member

if your ipod is 3G OR 4G OR 5TH GENERATION does it matter what your fm transmitter is? im asking because in ebay i sometimes see "fm transmitter for 3rd generation" does it really matter? i mean i own a 5th gen ipod video 30gb if i buy a transmitter that says its for 3g wont it work? is the monster i carplay compatible for my ipod? thanks

13. evilh0ly

evilh0ly Regular member

i think if u buy though specifily(like istuff, itrip) for ipod then though generation crap matters, but if u're buying for general mp3 player it works on all of ipods.