1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best format? + or - R dvd

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by pazz, Jul 20, 2003.

1. pazz

pazz Member

hi, i am currently looking to put some dv i have down to mpeg for burning on dvd discs. trouble is, im a lil confusd between the formats. i want the movies to be readable by all but i read somewhere that the ps2 cannot read +R format for movies. having researched, its said that +R offers the best way of compiling the dvd, eg. menus etc.
    Has anyone got opinions on these issues? I would like to get the best for the occasion.
    thx for any help. im using the sony 510a so the choice is available to me. i was planning to buy the dvd -R until i saw the flexibility of the +R. thx again.
    pazz__X_X_X_X_X_[small]one stop, one love.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The Sony is a +R recorder that supports -R (not too well mind you) so i would stick with +R in that respect. However, -R discs are more compatible with DVD players and PS2's. Version 4 and above dont have too many problems with +R though.

Im -R and always will be. Its the format supported by the DVD Forum. Read up on this.

Go to DVD Info >> DVD-R/+R/RAM
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

3. pazz

pazz Member

cheers and thx. im checking up o these things.
    pazz