1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Format to Convert to for DVD Burning

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by fdates, Jul 5, 2012.

1. fdates

fdates Member

I'm using Wondershare AllMyTube to capture a video found on YouTube.

The video was on Cancer, and I want to share this with a friend who has Cancer.

Wondershare provides several formats that I can convert to.

I want to make a DVD from the video downloaded that can play on his tv's DVD player.

I converted to DVD-Video NTSC which created a single VOB file. I was able to play this file using VLC media player so I assume it is a good conversion.

Then I tried to create a DVD from that file using Ashampoo Burning Studio 10. It kept saying "The folder 'E:\TV VIDS\VOB' doesn't contain valid DVD-Video files.". It contains the single VOB file.

So I used DVDFab 8 to convert this single VOB file into a DVD folder that contained a AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. The VIDEO_TS folder was the only one that actually contained any files (BUP, IFO and several VOB files).

I then used the VIDEO_TS folder of files to create a DVD using Ashampoo.

That was a lot of steps. Converting downloaded Youtube to VOB and then again to several VOB's including BUP and IFO before I could burn it to a DVD using Ashampoo.

Would I have been better off converting to AVI, or MPEG-2, or MP4, or ????

So many formats that I'm not sure what would be best to do.

Suggestions please?

Thanks.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

easier way to convert to dvd would be dvdflick.a few clicks and a bit of waiting and your done i know it does avi to dvd and mp4 to dvd not sure what other formats its supports.

3. fdates

fdates Member

Thank you xboxdvl2. :)

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

fyi .. standard dvd's are mpeg2 .. so if you have mpeg2 files you don't need to convert them to anything else and can just author them.. saves some time.