1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Free Video editing software

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Xmonkey29, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

i have a pinnacle dazzle digi vid creator 80 and wanna know what is the best program thats free and has most features.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It depends on what kind of files you need to edit and what the output format needs to be. If you want to edit AVIs VirtualDub is a great free editor. If you need to do things VirtualDub can't, you can add AviSynth to frameserve to it. AviSynth can do just about anything that you can think of, but having to learn how to write scripts scares off a lot of people.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

There is a Good Full featured Editor realeased By "AVID" called "AviD FreeDV"...If you do a Google search you should be able to find were to download it....

Cheers

PS: I also used to own a "Digital Video Creator 80" (DVC80) ..It was my first Capture device and i would have to say it was the worst Capture device I ever owned..It only captures to a Max resolution of 352+240 which is Far too low to produce any sort of Quality especially on a USB 1.1 interface...I would suggest that you Take it back and either Get a Better quality PCI capture Card (Which would be even cheaper than the DVC 80) or get a USB 2.0 Capture device that Can capture at 720+480/576 or even better yet one that Does Hardware Mpeg encodeing which you can get for close to what you Paid for the DVC80 (Under $100)....

4. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

yes i still like the way digital video creator 80 works

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I forgot about FreeDV - probably because I haven't had a chance to try it since downloading.