1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Best Gaming Laptop to buy

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by theabster, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theabster

theabster Member

Hi everyone. I wanted to buy a new gaming laptop and needed some advice. I did search online but I felt that most websites which listed the best gaming laptops were paid to advertise 1 laptop over the other, and also different websites said different models were the best. So I thought I'd ask on a neutral arena and take inputs from individuals rather than from companies.

First, let me tell you my requirements: It should run all the latest games, including beefy ones like Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm leaving my powerful gaming PC and going abroad, so I want to carry a good substitute for my gaming needs. I also do a lot of CPU intensive work, like high-res photo & video edits. My budget is around $2000, though I can go upto $2500 if it's really worth the price increase.

These are the things I must have with the new laptop:

1. Powerful GPU. I'm looking for the 2080 RTX cards
    2. Powerful CPU: an i9 (or an i7, if it won't bottleneck the GPU)
    3. Dual HDDs: minimum of 500 GB SSD for windows & game installations, and 500 MB - 1 TB SATA for storage purposes.
    4. Atleast 16 GB of RAM
    5. Large screen size. If I'm not mistaken, 17 inches the largest available for laptops
    6. Efficient cooling. This goes without saying as its for gaming for long duration.
    7. Future-proof and durable: As I'm making a significant investment, I'd want the laptop to be useful for the next 3-5 years. Should not be delicate/flimsy.
    8. Good keyboard arrangement. Very small keyboard layouts won't be comfortable for gaming.
    9. Adequate USB ports
    Here's a list of things I'm not particular about:

1. Size: I'm buying it for gaming, so I don't mind if it's heavy and bulky.
    2. Trackpad: I never use it and always use a wireless mouse. So this isn't an issue
    3. Battery: Heavy gaming will drain battery, and I won't be gaming on battery. Will plug into power outlet when I play.
    I searched online for such laptops, and liked a few models, each with its own pros & cons. Can you suggest which would be the best for me (from either the ones I've shortlisted or suggest new ones)

Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701
    MSI GS75 Stealth 8SG
    MSI GT75 Titan

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.