1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best High-Speed Internet......Under $50/Month

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Pop_Smith, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Hi everyone, i have been looking for a faster internet connection lately, i currently have Qwest Choice DSL with MSN Premium (256k/256k), and am currently paying $32.00/Month, I would like to have a faster download speed (i believe ISPs call it upload) 1MBit if possible, but, i like the fact that i have no bandwidth restrictions (as far as know)

Edit-- I looked up Time Warner Cable (AOL [bold]YUCK![/bold]) and am unable to get that, i also sent in a forum to see if i qualify for Cyberonic but, it said it will be 4 days and i sent it today (8/10/04)
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 5800-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I use comcast and that is under $50.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

i have looked at that, i am thinking of getting it, are there any bandwidth restrictions? I could not see any on the website but, even if there is it looks good and i can get it in my area.

Also, i recieved an e-mail from Cyberonic.com (they offer 1500k/768k ADSL for $50/Month, as i prefer to go with month-to-month plans) saying that i could get there ADSL package at my location, has anyone heard anything about them (good/bad?) because that offer is really interesting.

4. 2005

2005 Regular member

Im running on Adelphia Broadband Basic... its a 3000/256 package and it costs 43 dollars a month they offer a 4000/512 packages for 70 dollars a month but i like mine the way it its, 3 mbits down and 256k up is good enough for me.

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I have been looking at a bunch of different internet plans and i also plan on using this connection over XBox Live, what, in anyones opinion, is the best internet access to use with Live?

6. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

I have SBC Yahoo DSL. 26 bucs and I run Live on it with no problem. Cable may be a little faster, but there is no slow down due to the # of people in your area online and cable wants 49 bucs-nuff said!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Silent Assasin[/small]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

:( i checked for SBC DSL (same speed and its cheaper then Cable) but, i can't get it in my area yet, i am still looking though and so far, it looks like Comcast has my best interest. One question for any of you XBox Live people out there, does upload really matter when you are playing on Live?

8. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Have you checked to see if Qwest has made any changes to their DSL offerings since you signed up? I had the same package you do, and Qwest discontinued it to offer a 1.5Mbps/850kbps package. They didn't automatically change my bandwidth though. I had to call and specifically request it. BTW, I pay $40 a month.

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

:) thanks for telling me this, Vurbal I didn't know that Qwest had upgraded there services (i remember getting something about a lower price in the mail though) i think i will check up on that.

10. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

No problem. Hopefully they've upgraded in your area as well. It's a very nice package.

11. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

Keep in mind that the nearer to the "service station" (of the DSL provider) the higher speed you're going to get. I used to have both Earthlink and Yahoo DSL in my area and I had tried both (free trails). Yahoo DSL was 30% faster on average than Earthlink because their station was 1/2 mile closer to my house.