1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST LCD FOR 800??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by td1ddy, Feb 25, 2007.

1. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

Hey guys... I'm looking for a cheap lcd tv. I don't know which reviews to trust and which to ignore.... I'm looking for a nice 37 inch lcd tv...I don't want to buy an off brand and have it not work... soo anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone bought any that are working well??
    Olevia seems cheap and the specs are decent.... but are they any good?
    I looked at vizeo and they seem to break all the time...any feedback appreciated!

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I shopped LCDs for a month and there are not many 37' LCDs for $800. I finally got a Samsung 40" for $1399.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@garmoon...that's actually a pretty good price. I prefer LCD to plasma but it seems that the price rises exponentially for evey inch of size ...on a budget, plasma is cheaper in the large screens. But prices have come down; you never would have been able to buy a 40" for that price a couple of years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2007
  4. UseeInHD

UseeInHD Member

VIZIO, thats all i have to say. I have a 42" LCD from Vizio and it ran me about 1300 said and done, and i know the 37 is about a grand. If you are willing to go the extra couple hundred bucks you will def be happy. Great picture and Great inputs and a great peice of furniture. The site for vizio is www.viziotv.com and that will also tell you where you can purchase them. Another brand that is pretty close to that is Olevia, check that out as well. Godd luck bro!

5. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

I got a olevia 32' from circuit city 2 weeks ago. i love it, it was 859 dollars. but i got it on sale for 599, the tv is great and my 360 look awsome. i was reading a lot of reviews on that tv on a couple of websites, and all had good things to say about the tv.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I have a Polaroid 37" that has been simply outstanding. I saw it in WalMart the other week for $750.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Still trying to figure out the screen ratio. Normal cable fills the whole screen. The over air HD channels sometimes do and sometimes don't. I have it set for 16:9. Is their really anything more special about a component cable than an audio cable, all having RCA pins. In other words do you really need a 6ft component cable for $50 dollars or will 3 audio cables give you the same pic quality with one of the cables unused.? I was actually floored by the price of an HDMI cable. Still laughing. Gotta be cheaper online. Can't even find on Cox's web site about adding HD channels to my cable. All they want to sell is a bundle. What a racket.

8. Nephilim

garmoon,

Try newegg for an HDMI cable. I was in circuit city looking for a DVI to HDMI cable in order to hook the Polaroid to my PC and they wanted $120 for a 6ft one which is insane. I went home and jumped on newegg which had a six footer with gold plated terminals for $15. I'm sure there's some measure of quality difference but nobody can convince me there's $105 worth of difference between the two.

*edit - here you go,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7&Subcategory=1&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  9. cmoney333

cmoney333 Member

if you want any kind of cables go to monoprice.com thats the place for cables you can get 50 footers for 30 dollars they are the best place to shop check it out

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Initially, I used all Radio Shack's top of the line cables; they weren't cheapies nor were they outrageously expensive. I used 14g radio shack speaker wire.

To make a long story short, I was able to get a lot of serious monster cables for a song as well as monster 14g speaker wire and made a day long affair of changing everything. After all that work, I could not hear any difference. As Neph said, "I'm sure there's some measure of quality difference...", I'm sure some conductivity graph will read a bit better, it wasn't noticable to my ears and as a musician, they're pretty well trained. Had I spent what those cables actually cost, I would have been seriously pissed off!

11. barcia99

barcia99 Member

i have the 32 vizio, i know it's not 37 but i will tell you this, WOW. i did get a excellent deal though 513.85 out the door with a 3 year extended warranty. pic quality is awsome and i dont even have hdtv hooked up yet. all the extras anyone could ask for. just my two cents. mike

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks Neph and Gerry, I'm up at 4am and after checking email, I was headed to newegg.com. on my own. I love the site. Bought several things there.Service is quick, since it's just up the river.

13. Flameon

Flameon Member

I got my 37" Tatung for $600, the picture quality is amazing.

14. blake123

blake123 Guest

I got a 50 inch lcd for 1000 and a 20 for 100 from a guy outside a store.

15. Nephilim

Can we say hot TV's ?

16. blake123

blake123 Guest

ya probably but they work and im not in jail so im fine with it.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Warranty work might be a proplem. LOL

18. blake123

blake123 Guest

ya i never thought of that ill just hope i get my use out of it before it blows up.

19. Nephilim

The guy didn't try to sell you an extended warranty on them? :p

20. blake123

blake123 Guest

no but i should of asked