1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best media for thomson dvd drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ATIROCKS, Mar 23, 2005.

1. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Wat up,
    does anyone know the best media for a thomson drive?
    I've tried Hp dvd+r 8x with crappy results and some other no name brands....didnt read properly? Anybody have better luck with others?

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

i use maxell dvd-r dvd's and havent had a problem yet. i usually burn the games at 2x.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Not necessarily so. It depends on if your burner can convert +R to DVD-ROM. I don't use anything but +R, and I have a 1.0 Thompson :)

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

haha, Quadratic, I had a feeling you were going to jump in on this thread when I said stay away from +r. I am not saying for surely DO NOT use +r, I am just going from my experience and many others on xbox-scene. You are one of the few people I know that can play +r on thompson drives.

6. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I had a thompson drive in my xbox and had crapy results with any media. I went to e-bay and got a Samsung for a song. It plays mostly –R but the important part is “flawlessly!!!” I have never had a DVD read error with a –R, never really used +R but I know for a fact that my PS2 hates +Rs for movies or games. If people are having luck with the thompsons now perhaps I should sell mine on e-bay. Hummmm…..Naaaa Parts is parts!

7. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

I finally got some new dvd-r's....Maxell dvd-r 4.7 gb 2hours sp mode

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

+R's that worked for me with my old thompson drive (maxell/memorex/emtec/pine/general/fuji/HP)

9. GCFANATIC

GCFANATIC Member

ritek ridisc GO4 4X are the dogs balls for all the drives... philips/thompson/samsung...BUT REMEMBER BURN YOUR GAMES AT 2X MAXIMUM

EVEN BETTER AT 1X IF YOUR DRIVE SUPPORTS IT.

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Damn GCFANATIC, your pretty hardcore about your Riteks. But I do agree, Ritek G04 dvd's rock the house!