1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best menu Prog?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pacman33, Oct 29, 2007.

1. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

I'm starting to convert my AVI files and was wondering what the best program is to use to set up menus and create my own scene selections?
    I've never had experience in this and I'm reading some guides right now, but out of your past experience what do you recommend?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i only use basic menu, and use TMPGenc DVD Authur, not the best looking menus in the world but good enough as i use this app for chopping and other stuff...

nero is about the same stamp does the job ok

and convertxtodvd for say 6 .avi episodes to dvd...

3. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Hmmmm i was actually just reading about convertxtodvd, it sounds pretty nice. I think I'm going to get that and try it out and then if I don't like it I'll try a few others. Have you ever used it? Is it hard to use?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

very easy app and well recommended...

it only gives very basic working menu, and i think say you have 6 epsidoes you then get 6 menu/chapter links on the menu...

if you have more than the default 4 set it higher in convertx or the menu will increase to 2 pages first page 4 then second page 2 = 6

but you can set 6 to get all chapter button on 1 page - if ya follow me...

brilliant fast good qauilty encoder and easy to use/setup...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  5. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

mmmm I just tried to trial of it, I like it and all, but I think I'm going to have to try everything, its limited with its menu capabilities.
    Are all programs like this?
    Would it be easier to convert the .avi movie file then chop it up and make a menu and scene selection with a different application?

Like lets say I have the movie Johndoemovie its about 1 hour and 45 minutes long and it is one .avi file.
    Well lets say I go online and get images from the actual dvd and I want to make the menu and scene selection almost just the same.
    Should I convert it first, then chop it up into segments, and use a different program to make a menu, with a scene selection and all?
    do they even have programs that let you make super nice menus where you can name each scene selection, and chose where the text and everything is put?

EDIT >>
    sorry I was asking so much question, lol I kinda just figured my own question out by just reading for about 20 more minutes.
    So far this is what I think I shall do.
    Download and use winavi to convert to mpeg.
    chop and edit the mpeg file with tmpgenc dvd author.
    And then create the menu with the same program.
    All though i have to figure how to get TMPGenc, cause I'm on dial up, lol and its like a 30MB download.
    But yes, I'm sure there will be alot of other things that I will have to read about. Because I doubt tmpgenc will do everything.
    Thanks for all the help though.
    Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007