1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Modchip for Xbox nowadays?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by that1dude, Oct 19, 2004.

1. that1dude

that1dude Member

I used to have an Xbox modded with an Xecuter v2.2 Pro that included the switch outside to flash the bios or turn the chip on or off. I sold it thinking I was done with Xbox and only gonna play PC games. Well when I sold it, I instantly regretted it and in a couple weeks I am aquiring another Xbox and am wondering what the best modchip is now? Yes, the Xbox I am getting will have a Philips drive and it will be v1.3 or higher (not sure on the version yet) and will contain the original harddrive. I want something that I don't need any extra tools to flash. Is the Xecuter v2.2 Pro still a good choice or are there better options now. When I had the Xecuter v2.2 Pro, I loved it and had very few problems. Any Input would be appreciated. I can run FTP to Xbox and all that jazz.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

xecuter's new X3 is the best. You can flash via ftp, http disk or hdd.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I agree also,but X3 isn't capable of using Xtender right which will let you put 3 harddrives in the Xbox.It is the best chip,and I think they will upgrade the bios for it and fix that prob they have with it.They are suppose to be coming out with a solderless adapter for the Xtender also to fix that issue.

4. scottas

scottas Guest

Not true, I have an xtender with my X3 and it works better than with my 2.3pro. Can even mix hdd speeds with no troubles.

5. that1dude

that1dude Member

So Xecuter still reigns the top spot. I will most likely get that then as I loved my 2.2pro and had no problems with it. As for this Xtender thing, I just ordered a 300GB Maxtor HD from newegg.com, this should cover me. I can't forsee needing more than 300GB.

6. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

i could not see myself using more then my 200 gig hdd for xbox, BOy was i wrong.

i could easily use 900 gigs if i had the chance.

7. that1dude

that1dude Member

Hehe, yeah in my old one I had 160 gig and that filled up fast. I had a $200 limit for a new hard drive and I found the 300 gig on newegg for $216 so I went over my limit a bit to get that. Not a bad price, I love newegg.com
    Besides it would take more coaxing than I want to do to get my wife to see my justification for having external HD's hooked up to the Xbox. Your right though, 300 gig will probably not satifsfy me but it will have to do.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]What I'm Dealing with:

Dell Dim. 8200 2.53Ghz P4 533Mhz FSB
    1024MB RDRAM/80MB IBM HD/120GB WD SE 8MB Cache HD
    ATI 9700 Pro 128mb 8x AGP (Catalyst 4.10)
    Plextor Premium (1.05)
    Lite-On 166s (DS1C)
    Philips 2.4x DVD+RW D28(1.68)
    Windows XP SP2[/small]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004