1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best, most durable Media for Burning Audio ?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by redbaron7, Sep 20, 2004.

1. redbaron7

redbaron7 Guest

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what the general consensus is about the Best Brand of Blank Media for burning Audio CD's ?

I've used all kind of CD's in the past. These are some of the various problems I've encountered.

1.) Media Scratches Very easily and skips thereafter (even with the smallest of scratches)

2.) The metal coating on the Cd's wears off (I don't know why this happens)

3.) Some blank media starts skipping even with finger print smudges on them.

Nowadays there are all kinds of brands.. all types of colors and they come in all types of prices..

I'm looking for a blank media.. that is.. DURABLE and will last me for a long time. Money is really not an object.

What sort of effect does the color of the media have if any ?

Please Advice !

2. EsirnuS

EsirnuS Guest

Hey there

not that i dont think people in this forum cant help you or anything but your question/query might be better directed into the cd-r forum rather than the audio forum.

quite a few threads in there about different cd-r's and quality and use etc

i use cheapest i can find cd-r's as a "throw away" media - for making mp3/regular cd's for in the car etc so am probably no help what so ever

Es