1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Newsgroup to Pay and subscirbe to?

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by gizmoman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. gizmoman

gizmoman Member

Hey all.

Ive never used a newsgroup reader before but would like to pay and use one that will let me get ISOs and such for Xbox 360/Wii games. What would be the best one to pay for and use? Once again, I have never used a newsgroup reader before, only torrents.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  3. gizmoman

gizmoman Member

I'm using News File Grabber right now and managed to find and start download a game and a movie. The speed is not that fast compared to torrents.

My friend had a program that would let him search within it, find the game, and download...with a % showing how much has download. Mine looks different and I'm not even sure if I am doing it correctly.

Is there a better free newsgroup reader software?

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not that up on Newsreaders, I hear GrabIt is good (free) but I think the search function is something you pay for, NewsLeecher has the Super Search function you pay extra for. I would think you should be getting your full download speed unless your ISP is throttling it.