1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best no solder mod?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by StatikOne, Jun 8, 2004.

1. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Installed the new hard drive and I used slayers, etc...

Now, I just figured out that I have to reflash X2 BIOS so that boots from the F: drive instead of C.

So if I use Cromwell (bank 2) to reflash, will it overwrite the X2 BIOS (bank 1)... or will it overwrite Cromwell (bank 2)?

Any alternate ways of reflashing?

Thank You!

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

if you want it to boot from the f partition, then you are just going to have reformat the whole hdd again so all of that appropriate apps and programs go to right partition, if you have already loaded games on your hdd then you might want to ftp them over to your pc before you do that because it will erase everything when you reformat.

flashing the chip has nothing to do with where the box boots from. just leave the flash the way it is. it should be fine.

3. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

I kind of worded my last post a bit poorly.

All apps, dashboard and everything are in F already; I chose the 3-2 option like you suggested. I just realized that my current BIOS it set up to boot from the C partition and not F. I had it on C partition when I was using the Xbox's old hdd, my new HDD came today and i used Slayer's to choose to boot from F, but I forgot to change my BIOS.

I have everything backed up on my PC, so no worries.

Anyway, I figured out my reflashing problem by trying things out myself.

Thank You once again.