1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Online Game?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Lolly64, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Lolly64

Lolly64 Guest

Can anybody tell me, what the hell is the best online game (or cool online game), i mean, action (shooting heads off and sh*t?:) I cant find a nice game 2 buy anywhere, any suggestions?

Lolly64 :)

2. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

counter strike source of course!!

3. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

counter strike source....of course and call of duty 2,quake 4, fear, rainbow six vegas, splinter cell double agent (if you have a good system) half life 2: deathmatch, team fortress 2 which is coming out fall, and prey.

4. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Real Time Strategy? --> Company of Heroes, Starcraft: Broodwar (my favoritest game ever)
    MMO? --> World of Warcraft, maybe Everquest II
    First Person Shooter? --> Counterstrike and Day of Defeat. Maybe try Gunz:The Duel, because its free? idk. Also War Rock (freebie)

5. ofolion

ofolion Regular member

6. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

Get a copy of Half Life 2 for $20 and youll be able to play dozens of great online mods for it

7. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

Battlefield 2

8. ThaJazz

ThaJazz Guest

you never said what plattform you are playing on

9. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Definetely have to go with Battlefield 2.

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

MMORPG: World of Warcraft, posibly Everquest II
    Shooter: There are many good ones like HalfLife 2 and CounterStrike, but lets not forget that F.E.A.R can be downloaded and played for free 100% legally from... http://joinfear.com/main

current i play a combo of FEAR Multiplayer, World of Warcraft, and Counter Strike Source

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  11. qwerty977

qwerty977 Guest

Why is f.e.a.r free are ther any charges you will have to play for it.

Also you can't go wrong with counter strike 1.6 its classic.

12. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

why is it free?? because the last fear suck. an the new one is a little better than the last one

13. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Halo 2 on xbox live is still No1 for the most played even now...lol...as for any others i would'nt waste my time if it's on EA or Sony servers,perhaps when sony get the PS3 online service up and running they'll have their act togeather coz for the PS2 online was an after thought as for pc i can't say i'm crap with a keyboard

Put it this way if the game has glitches and lag offline it'll be 100 times worse online nough said

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The developers of F.E.A.R made a standalone multiplayer version of their game (this is what I think) to boost sales. People like the online multiplayer part and decide to buy the game.

and at tuxbox's statement: The game F.E.A.R may suck to you but it was one of the highest rated games when it came out on the pc platform. Then when it was adapted for the XBox 360 it saw good sales again. Also there is no "new" FEAR only a expansion pack that is like a "Part 2" to the FEAR story.

As for charges to play FEAR Multiplayer (the free version is fully functional and called FEAR Combat) there are absolutely none. All you need to do is download the game and install. And as a side note, I believe the installer is like 1.7 Gb and after double-clicking the setup file it takes a while to begin the install. But be patient it will start.

15. Lolly64

Lolly64 Guest

Thanks 4 the hints and stuff about the hottest online game, but i have a problem with unreal tournament 2004, it really sucks! When I shoot, the Fu*!ing Bullets came out like 2 secs later, kepp dying :(

Anybody maybe got a solution 4 me? I really would apreciate it alot.

Thanks, Me :)

( I thinking about getting Counter Strike, Battlefield 2142 or sumtin and I'll defenately download Multiplayer F.E.A.R if its worth downloading)

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Do reassure you about F.E.A.R Combat here are some user reviews from members of download.com . . . .

Trust me (don't listen to tuxbox) this game is F**KING awesome.

17. Lolly64

Lolly64 Guest

cool man, thanks, I'm busy downloading the free Multiplayer game, then if i like the game, I WILL get the full game.

18. Lolly64

Lolly64 Guest

AND, I would also like 2 add Rise of Nations - Rise of Legends

It may be kinda old, and not shooting fu**ing heads off, BUT, it really Rocks 2 play online, and is fun 4 a quick online game :)

Its a really great Real-Time Strategy game ( Like Supreme Commander )

So ya, check this game out everybody and pls, if u like it, SUPPORT it. Thanks alot, keep the posts coming, PLS. LOL

19. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

hey pea the only reason i dont like fear is because im more into realistic fps games not horror/sci-fi games (even though it didnt make me jump out of my seat because i have seen a lot of horror movies so i pretty much knew something what was going to happen every time i go around the corner or climb up a latter etc) with bullet time. doom 3 and prey are better in my opinion even there not free.....or are they??

20. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

if you haven't tried Counter Strike: Source i suggest you do, it's an amazing description of shooting heads off. haha and it's very fun and realistic kinda.
    Try it!