1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Best optical burner?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by riahc3, Sep 26, 2014.

1. riahc3

riahc3 Member

My optical burner died and I got a second one hand that burns out shitty discs (jumping tracks and such) so Im looking for a new one.

Interface: I prefer PATA as I still have a PATA port and my optical burner worked perfectly with it. If I have to go SATA, so be it.

CD : Most important aspect as I burn CD-R and CD-RW constantly. Top speed, top quality. Ripping from CDs to perfect 1:1 FLACs is also preferred.

DVD : Im burning less DVDs but still I need them if I want to make a EP or something like that. Must support all formats -RW DL to +RW DL

Blu-Ray : I haven't needed to burn a Blu-Ray yet but I imagine with all the consoles coming with Blu-Ray that time will come. If cost does not limit me, it must support BDXL (reading and writing) for future purposes.

Tray style loading.

Cost: I don't want to spend much on something this stupid but I don't want to spend either 9 bucks so it can burn shitty CDs. My old burner was a NEC (I believe) and I was in loved with it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i prefer lg as have had no issues with them. pata drives are getting hard to find as 1 computer store i deal with does not sell them any more just sata & black face at that.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

used NEC cd burner 2004-2008 no issues with it
    i used a pc with a lite on dvd burner from 2006-2007 had no issues with it.
    currently using a pioneer dvd burner since 2010 again no issues with it.
    dvd burners are dirt cheap but if you are thinking about the future you can should probably get a blu ray burner.
    Edit :correction has issues with NEC cd burner as some of the newer software didn't recognise the drive.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I've used samsung & lite-ons more than happy some go back to 04

pioneer get good comments & benq are rebranded lite-ons