Question Best optical burner?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by riahc3, Sep 26, 2014.

1. riahc3

riahc3 Member

My optical burner died and I got a second one hand that burns out shitty discs (jumping tracks and such) so Im looking for a new one.

Interface: I prefer PATA as I still have a PATA port and my optical burner worked perfectly with it. If I have to go SATA, so be it.

CD : Most important aspect as I burn CD-R and CD-RW constantly. Top speed, top quality. Ripping from CDs to perfect 1:1 FLACs is also preferred.

DVD : Im burning less DVDs but still I need them if I want to make a EP or something like that. Must support all formats -RW DL to +RW DL

Blu-Ray : I haven't needed to burn a Blu-Ray yet but I imagine with all the consoles coming with Blu-Ray that time will come. If cost does not limit me, it must support BDXL (reading and writing) for future purposes.

Tray style loading.

Cost: I don't want to spend much on something this stupid but I don't want to spend either 9 bucks so it can burn shitty CDs. My old burner was a NEC (I believe) and I was in loved with it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i prefer lg as have had no issues with them. pata drives are getting hard to find as 1 computer store i deal with does not sell them any more just sata & black face at that.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

used NEC cd burner 2004-2008 no issues with it
    i used a pc with a lite on dvd burner from 2006-2007 had no issues with it.
    currently using a pioneer dvd burner since 2010 again no issues with it.
    dvd burners are dirt cheap but if you are thinking about the future you can should probably get a blu ray burner.
    Edit :correction has issues with NEC cd burner as some of the newer software didn't recognise the drive.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I've used samsung & lite-ons more than happy some go back to 04

pioneer get good comments & benq are rebranded lite-ons