1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEST PCI VIDEO CARD THAT EXISTS.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ricetrack, May 8, 2007.

1. ricetrack

ricetrack Regular member

Does anybody know what the best PCI video card was ever made? it doesn't have to be available, I would just really like to know... since PCI cards are extremely scarce nowadays. as far as i know, it is NVIDIA GF 6200 OC 256MB DDR. I could be worng though..

2. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

3. ricetrack

ricetrack Regular member

so that would be the best by radeon? would that mean that the nvidia card i mentioned is the best by nvidia?

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

For NVidia its the 6200 and FX5500 the 6200 is the betetr out of the 2.
    and for ati the top 2 are the Radeon 9250 256mb and the X1300 the X1300 is the best out of the 2 overall its the best out of any.
    But No matter what a faster PCI card will be way behind a slower agp card because PCI runs at 33mhz while AGP 1x runs at 33mhz 2x @ 66mhz 4x @ 133mhz and 8x @ 266mhz.

5. ricetrack

ricetrack Regular member

can pci cards even support gaming? games like the sims 2 and WOW.

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

Of course they can no doubt.
    teh graphics card is teh same as an agp version the only difference is the slot wont take so much info so your looking at about 70% of teh full performance of the agp version.
    WHy?
    Because PCI runs at 33mhz lets say that the slot is a highway with 1 lane and trfic congestion is always great.
    While AGP is a Highway with every x's repreasenting one more lane so 1x i still as congested as PCI 2x has 2 lanes 4x has 4 while 8x has 8.
    so as you go up congestion is less but there is very great evidence that 8x dosent do much better then 4x because cards simply dont need so much room or some things are so slow they slow the otehrs anyway for eg there is a Semi on the highway a car wants to go faster but cant with 8 lanes it stays rthe same because more semi's come and slow it down to a 4 lane point.
    agp 8x is opnly 10% faster then AGP 4x this is on heavy 3D apps on simple things they tie because there isnt need to process.
    For those 2 games yes.
    the 2nd you would get through with most Intergrated cards.
    Sims 2 70% relys on CPU and only 30% on your GPU so you just need a good CPU and a Descent Graphics card anything above a Radeon 8500 or 9000.