1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to buy pre-modded XBOX?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Skyboxer, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Skyboxer

Skyboxer Guest

I have no problems tearing apart my XBOX but I just don't feel like doing it. SO I was just going to buy a pre-modded one. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also would like to know what mod chip I should have , dashboard etc..
    Thanks for the help

2. E-Era

E-Era Guest

You shouldnt get a pre-modded xbox. you should do it your self its much better and lest money. I got the Xecuter3 you should get that if you like but a new one came out Xecuter3ce im not sure how to use that one...Era

and you can get modchips from here: www.Divineo.com

p.s. Before you get a mod chip check what xbox version you got you can check in http://www.xboxscene.net/versions_1.php ...Era

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2005
  3. Skyboxer

Skyboxer Guest

Thanks for the help!

4. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

I would agree with him except whatever you do "DON"T" buy from Divineo. I made that mistake and they didn't send me all my parts-I contacted them and they still haven't returned my e-mails. Yet they didn't have any problem taking the money out of my account. there are others out there but avoid these guys like the plauge-And by the way they did include the chip and the wire install adapter so thats what I have to do to my 1.6 box.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You wanna buy a premod? I recommend you go to xbox-modchips.com because they have very good deals, depending on what extras you want.

6. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

i suggest buying one from me....but i digress....

extreme-mods.com will mod an xbox 4 you for 50 dollars if you buy the chip from them. thats the best deal to get..buy a used xbox (100) buy the x3 chip (60) and then pay them to mod it (50) then u got (10) for shipping..comes too...

220.00 from scratch....

find another site to beat that and i will tip my hat.

7. E-Era

E-Era Guest

Not a good time to fight but i order my Xecuter3 modchip and my Viperchip from divineo.com and i order it to differrent time and i got it with out a problem...Era

Do what you want get a mod or get an xbox premodded...Era

8. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Glad to hear the Era-but my experince with Divineo has been most unpleasant and I don't plan on doing business with them 'EVER" again. I had to do the wire-install on my box and all because they didn't and wouldn't send me the alt 5V wire. Now its a good thing I'm good at soldering but if I were someone with modest skills I'd be S-O-L bigtime. I'd recommend he go to extrememods.com I've heard nothing but good things about them.

9. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

hey guys...nuff said. dont flame this thread with arguing, u said ur peace, the poster probably has an idea formed already.

thanks though.

10. Skyboxer

Skyboxer Guest

One last question. Is it worth it to get one now or should I wait for XBOX Next(Or whatever it's going to called) and do mods for it when it gets figured out?
    I wish I had gotten into the modding long ago.

11. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

I say go for one now-who knows when the Xbox-2 really comes out and even when there'll be a modchip for it.

12. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

the xbox2 will be what? 400.00 dollars?

small collection of games.

they WONT be gettin whored out so bad this time, i expect ms to tighten they reigns on the new system...

so basicallly..wait till christmas...buy a new one for 400 dollars.

buy the crappy release games (y do they always SUCK SO BAD on first release?)

then wait another 12-24 months for mod work to get figured out.

and expect to ship it in, cuz unless you solder, this wont be easy im sure.

expect to pay around 250.00 for the work.

so if ^^^^ thats worth the wait..then yes, u should wait.

otherwise mod the xbox, use the crap outta it for another 2 yrs. (avg. new title lifespan on an expiring system)

then in 2 yrs, buy the xbox2 at a reduced rate, with good games already out..and possibly mod-capable.

there ya have it.

13. Skyboxer

Skyboxer Guest

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go ahead and get one now. So I would need(If I do it myself) the Mod chip and the dashboard stuff. Correct?

I can handle doing the mod myself but I am not sure of what all I need and what version etc..
    Steer me in the right direction and I'll be eternally greatful. You can bet one thing. When the next systems come out I'll be along for the modding ride and won't get caught so far behind. :)

14. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

i cannot give you links or anything. most of what you will require will need to be found on various personal sites, or programs like IRC

first off...

once u install the modchip. you will need to flash it with a bios..several to choose from, the most popular being the executer bios... http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/

^^^ tuturial..on how to do it (note the bios isnt available there to dl..it is not exactly written with open source code..meaning its not quite "legal"..also, flashing is the number 1 way to F...up your chip..be cautious)

next (if upgrading hdd) do that now. you will be able to partition the drive with your modchip(if supported) and then add your original hdd files over. there are several tutorials to try to achieve this, and unlike flashing the bios, if u mess up..its ok, u can do it again.

now u will need a dashboard. also, this is not openly available due to legality. the most common is evox..also avalaunch is somewhat popular. xbox-scene.com has a good walkthrough for installing dashboards..once u find one, its fairly easy to instal..

so now ur chip is flashed, ur hdd swapped, u have a dashboard...so it boots up to a main menu much like a pc does...

now is where u decide what to add to ur xbox to play media/games/roms..etc...

dvd2xbox is a good program for game copy

xcommander a good program for file copy and removal

xbox media center (xbmc) is a must have for dvd's and music.

then there are gaggles of roms, from nes to psx...

skys the limit once u do those things. for full detailed tutorials, check out xbox-scene.com and look for what you need...just remember, doing the following is not legal, or recommended. in doing this, you will be knowingly commit copyright infringement, and i do not endorse this in any way, and simply added this for information purposes only.(lol..my disclaimer).

15. Skyboxer

Skyboxer Guest

Than man I really appreciate it!