1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best price in U.S. for Pioneer DVR-107D

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by PapaPrem, May 10, 2004.

1. PapaPrem

PapaPrem Member

What place has the best price (including shipping) for the Pioneer DVR-107D? I came across this site http://store.e-tronicdepot.com/pidvbadr.html . They had it for $100 including free shipping, but I don't know how reliable they are, or if they sell refurbished drives. NewEgg.com sells the same drive for $114, plus shipping. Any suggestions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Papaprem, This is just my opinion, but I will sometimes pay a few dollars more for an item just to make sure I am dealing with a company that will back their product if any problems show up. What good is the price if the product arrives damaged or defective and no one will help you correct the problem. If you can't verify the company is rated good, then don't deal there.

Jerry

3. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Thats what i will do to, Pay a little more to make sure you actually get it! My last system was all bought from newegg i can find the prices 1-5 lower at other places but they are a cool place with good customer service

4. erichm

erichm Guest

I agree.

www.pricewatch.com

This is the best place to buy computer parts online. Just make sure the company is credible. I have seen people get burned first hand.

P.S. Dont buy from pcwonder inc. they ripped off my freind Joe when he bought a 9800 pro. They sent him a 9800 instead. Then when he got it replaced they sent him a defective one and said that they couldn't honor the warrenty because he had overclocked it (which he didn't, the fan failed)

He ended up having to file a fraud charge with his credit card company and they reimbursed him.

Don't buy from Pc wonder their telephone number just takes you to an answering machine and they will just ignore your calls.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I absolutely agree with all the advice already given. Saving a few bucks isn't that great if you don't get the drive or you have a problem with it and have to go through a nightmarish RMA process.

Like six.6.six, I built my current pc almost entirely through newegg and couldn't be happier with them.

Last month I had to RMA something to them for the first time, a poorly designed 9800 Pro which wasn't newegg's fault, and the whole process went smooth as silk. In a week and a half I had a brand new (better) card sitting in my pc.

I use this site before I order from any site for the first time:

http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl

Check out newegg's ratings there :)