1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Program For DVD Authoring =(

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by SPIKISH, Dec 1, 2004.

1. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

hi guys, i recently started experimenting dvd shrink and its an awesome and great program for burning dvds. Now i have a problem, i tried burning elf which is like 7.9 gigga, maybe its not elf i dont rememeber, but anyways so i have dvd shrink set to automatically compress dvd movies to fit on 4.7gb blank dvds. Now with this movie which is 7.9 in total the compressions brings the quality wayyyyyy down and it looks crappy in some scenes.

Now finally (whewww) my question. What is the most simple and easy program to strip out the dvd protection and all that crap all the while maintaing the menu. I ask cuz i know in dvd shrink there a reauthoring section but if i reauthor i cant have my menu, that sucks, i like the menu's. Now i was wondering if anyone out there from experience knows of a program that strips extras and unwanted crap simple and not to hard to understand without losing the menu..

Sorry for the long crap...
    Thanks Guys ill reply quick

2. kwhitley

kwhitley Member

I am ont aware of any programme that lets you do this - why do you like menus as if you are only burning the movie there are no other options available.

Yuo can try to use rempeg to shrink the movie to a suitable size before you burn it but it isn't a quick process.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You can use DVDReMake or DVDReMake Pro for this. You can find a link to the trial version in AD's software section (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/index2.cfm). It won't create the new DVD files for you, but you can see what it can remove for you.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  4. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

hey thanks for the replys

Kwhitley, you really shouldnt ask questions like why do you like this or that, dont worry about persons preferences. I believe if a question is posted in here, it should be assumed that a person should focus on answering the question rather than opinionating on that persons LIKES AND TASTE. Sorry dude, but thats not the way i expect people to answer simple questions.

Thanks vurbal, thats a great program. Ive tried so many other crappy programs and methods and all were crap. This one WOrks nicely. Fixed all my problems. Im done using shrink. Thanks for the helpful input man.

One

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Don't give up on Shrink yet. Even though I only use it to re-author with in very rare cases where I don't want menus, I still use it on almost every backup. Normally I rip with Decrypter, analyze the disc, strip languages, and compress menus with Shrink, and then re-author with DVDReMake Pro. If it's still too big for a DVD-R I use DVD-RB to compress the titles. Shrink isn't the best tool for every job but it can still make your life a lot easier and it complements just about any other DVD backup software you might use.

6. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Another program you can use if you cant seem to get the quality you want.

DVD2SVCD but use the DSRoba plug in as this reduces the re-encoding time, and Cinema Craft Encoder.

Better quality then DVD Shrink but sacrificed at speed and the fact CCE is not a free program.

I use this program to convert xViD/DiVx to DVD but always use DVD Shrink for DVD purposes.

Just another option

7. kwhitley

kwhitley Member

Spikish

It was meant more in terms of - as you are already compressing the movie considerably then anything that can increase the ratio will give you a better end result.

Also, if you just keep the movie, you can get rid of the FBI warning which is so annoying to have to watch!!!!

8. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

ok cool.

thanks alot guys ima try out the stuff you have told me.

One