1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best program for editing commercials out?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by catfreak, Sep 24, 2004.

1. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I received an ad for a OEM version of this software ... it is touted as a "Full Product" and it sells for $10.50 including shipping. I have two questions ... will I be able to edit out commercials from a DVD that I produced on a set top DVD recorder? And ... why is this "OEM" product so much cheaper than the "regular" version??

http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sales_getprod.php?masterid=19416988&lot_id=733493

One last bonus question ... for that price, should I buy it anyway?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

OEM is never "Full Product", at least in my experience. I call it teaser software, if you like it ... they hope you buy the full version. There may also be a discount to upgrade.

Most of the time you don't get all the features with OEM.

Just out of curiosity why Roxio 7? Do you have/tried Nero?

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

The only reason that I'm asking about Roxio is because it seemed like a good price and I was wondering if it would be of any use to me. I do have a version of Nero ... it came with a computer that I got for my granddaughters really cheap ... I believe that it is version 5.5.4 and I've never really done anything with it since the machine is kinda primitave ... Windows 2000pro with only a 6GB disc ... that computer is more for burning CDs on the fly and entertaining the girls ...

Would that version of Nero be suitable for editing commercials out of DVDs if I ripped them to my hard drive?

4. flip218

Good O/S, very tiny HD. You really should add a seconde HD. I've bought a few 250GB drives for $125/new.

Anyhow, I don't do much of what your asking. I don't want to give the wrong advice ... so I changed you title :) Hope it helps.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

That system is only a babysitter for the grandkids ... Nero was a bonus and I'm not worried about the HD size ... it's large enough for them ...

...My system ..
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz 448 mb of RAM
    160GB HD
    Ricoh DVD+RW MP5240A [FW 1.11]
    Samsung CD ROM
    XP Home Edition
    17" HP Flatscreen
    lots of USB2 and firewire ports

flip218 ... Thanks for your help so far...

6. flip218

I believe one guy told he uses Pinnacle's software. And I also believe DVD Lab could do it. But have never used :)