1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best satellite receiver to buy?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Dubmale25, May 31, 2015.

1. Dubmale25

Dubmale25 Member

I am looking to buy a new satellite box, an upgrade from the skybox f5. The remote control on the skybox f5 is rubbish, you almost need to be right next to the box for it to change the channels.

2. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

i think the best value box out there, is the amiko mini HD combi... less than 80 euro

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i prefare enigma2 receivers with many to choose from.

4. Dubmale25

Dubmale25 Member

which enigma2 box would you go for, the zgemma s2??

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

no i prefare a quality built box,single tuner tm nano se fast little bugger or vu zero.
    if you want better vu solo2 with 2 sat tuners.

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Game has moved on from enigma2. Suggest the wetek box with dual sat tuner for EUR 115 that supplies all your sat needs and then all your download movie/TV shows/music. It is based on android and supports openelec operating system which supports xbmc kodi. So you can use your android phone to control it (should you wish) and you can download any Google apps to it. If I were to use a crystal ball into the future then enigma2 is a dead duck. Takes too much time and effort to confirm plugin compatibility. Every Google app is tested and proven on the android system. So I suggest this is the end of pli, vix, black hole and all these enigma2 systems. Its hard to keep up. A year ago I would have sworn by enigma2

7. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

World of satellite were offering a special deal on them. Don't see any basis for SD card as you can run openelec on internal flash memory. So instead you plug in large USB hard drive to save content

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Special offer is over it seems. Now 104 sterling. Checked XE.com and that translated to 146 euro. But 129 for a dual tuner satellite box, a quality media player and supporting oscam is the best on the market to my knowledge

10. judyboy45

judyboy45 Newbie

Hello,
    I have a Satellite Dish at my balcony and looking for a reliable HD Box Receiver out there to Flash and use to watch all channels. Can someone please advice which one I can go for and where and how to flash the box after I have purchased it please. My Satellite has Dual Cox cable connectors. Would prefer HD box. is the Amiko HD SE any good?
    Thanks in advance

11. judyboy45

judyboy45 Newbie

Hello,
    I have a Satellite Dish at my balcony and looking for a reliable HD Box Receiver out there to Flash and use to watch all channels. Can someone please advice which one I can go for and where and how to flash the box after I have purchased it please. My Satellite has Dual Cox cable connectors. Would prefer HD box. is the Amiko HD SE any good?

Thanks in advance

12. judyboy45

judyboy45 Newbie

Hello,
    Thanks in advance

13. judyboy45

judyboy45 Newbie

Hello,
    Thanks in advance

14. judyboy45

judyboy45 Newbie

Hello,

Thanks in advance