1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best skating shoes

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by laxstar, Mar 29, 2006.

1. laxstar

laxstar Guest

post the coolest shoe brand that you know of like Fallen, converse, dvs, etnies, that sort of thing

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

When I skated, I preferred the Bauer boot to CCM and others. :)

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If we're talking shoes then Airwalks and Docs are my tread of choice.

The only skating I do is along the edge of sanity - no skates required.

4. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Osiris and Etnies...The only way to go. or maybe Globe

5. poonan

poonan Member

I have both Fallen and Etnies I liek them both. Im gonna get some new Globes though, I heard those were good

6. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

hmm or you can spend 20$ instead of buying 80$ shoes and getting some cheap ratty old hiking boots :D haha just kidding, hmm but i got myself a decent skate shoe for 20$ no name brand...but it works :) lmao.

=pepsimaxx=

7. grizzam

grizzam Member

the price of skte shoes has gotten out of hand. for what people pay for skate shoes you could alot nicer shoes like aj1's or some nice custom air forces.
    its a waste to spend 80 bucks on skate shoes when their virtually identical to the $25 ones

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  8. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

@Grizzam. Skate shoes nowadays have a little thing called an "olliepad" what this does for you is ensure that your shoes dont' get raped by "griptape." If you are finding skate shoes for 25 that don't fall apart at the sight of griptape..hook me up.

1. Style...of course style is everything...you wanna skate in shoes that don't look rad...no, well I don't either.

2. Function...If you don't wear a shoe that has; heal support, olliepad, rad style...its going to be a waste of your (or parents) money..

3. Use....Who buys a skate shoe and doesn't wear it everyday.... it has to look good with your cloths....no?

I wasn't pointing to you Grizzam...just saying...skate, snowboard has a lot more to do with style and function than it did in the days of Vans...Vans are rad BTW...if you dont understand me DL "The Shaun White Album....and The Lords of Dogtown... the quintisential (sp) portion of an outfit is the shoes.....rad shoes man, wear rad shoes...I say this as 21 year old who has excellent taste.

I digress...don't hate on the kids shoes.. I think that they are rad shoes...

9. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

yeah. i get what ure saying ive never heard of this ollie pad deal. must be a lot better than buying 4 or 5 pairs of 25 $ shoes cause the grip tape moslested the sh*t outta your cheapo shoes. lol

=pepsimaxx=

10. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Oh for sure man.... if you spend the extra money and get a good shoe its going to last.

11. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

yeah, maybe i will get some good shoes sometime this summer.....im just using these cheap ones now cause i havent been doing so much skating....seeing hows theres snow on the ground... lol

=pepsimaxx=

12. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

No joke man...I've been doing a lot of snowboarding...speaking of snowboarding and shoes...my boots got messed up last time I went.... don't ever by boots with BOA connectors....they're crap.

13. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

thanks for advice... if i ever start to snowboard....i might try next winter :D

=pepsimaxx=

14. b0xD

b0xD Member

You guys have to be kidding me...Etnies? Converse? Go with Emericas or Dekline. My Kirchart 4's have lastet me about 4 months of 4 - 5 hour skating sessions everyday...Etnies are just a waste of money, the ollie area on it rips insanely fast. And there isn't 'a best skate shoe.'. It's just like there isn't a best DVD player or whatever. They all vary. But yeah, get Emericas (any ones, because they all totally rule) or Dekline Villians (my second pair of shoes, lasted a good long time.)

Oh yeah, and when you get them, get Shoe Goo as well. Put a thing later on the coating and the ollie marks because instead of wearing the shoe, it will wear the glue and they will last WAY LONGER! :D

15. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Emerica shoes do rule! I've got some rad osirus that have lasted a while and my DC's are going strong... ( I've jumped in the river wit em)

Don't like what ya said about etnies...i've owned 7 or so pairs and i've never had a prob.. the ollie pad is a little weak on most pairs tho...they aren't really a *skate* shoe so much as a shoe with the skate style...ya feel me

16. laxstar

laxstar Guest

17. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Yea man those shoes are rad.

18. Nephilim

I can skate like hell in these and look good too.

[​IMG]

19. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

ooo Neph...those are pretty.. don't you get blisters when you skate in those?

20. Nephilim

Blisters were a huge problem at first but I toughed it out till the calluses formed :p