1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best skating shoes

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by laxstar, Mar 29, 2006.

1. b0xD

b0xD Member

The Circa 207SE's rock my socks too.

2. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

those are some pretty sweet shoes Neph. my feet still havent calloused yet using some like that :p i prefer these to skate :p
    [​IMG] hehe.

=pepsimaxx=

PS: i think irelands rubbing off on us posting pics and all ....hehe

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Ok, to get back on topic here, my favorite skate shoes used to be Etnies, before they kicked Mike Vallely off the team, cause those Vallely's made a good shoe for skating parks, ramps and pools, with all the padding they had.

Nowadays i skate on Converse Allstars, Vision, Nike SB and Emerica

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Didn't know you were a skater Fiend. Back in the day when I skated our choices were Cons, Airwalks or Vans.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Airwalk, sadly, went the way of the Dodo.
    And i forgot to list Vans with my skate shoes, now that you mention it.

So you skated too then neph? nice, so you're not only a gun nut(like me)
    but you where a skater at some point in your life as well... :D

6. Nephilim

Yeah I skated. I was about as incompetent as one can be on a board but I gave it the old college effort none the less. I'm much better with a firearm :)

7. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

Same here.....
    Being a hitman is much more instinctive.

8. poonan

poonan Member

I want to be Neo in the Maatrix, it would be so totally awesome

9. Nephilim

And that has what to do with this thread? I don't reall Neo, or anyone else in the movie for that matter, doing any sort of skating.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Poonan certainly has the knack of making useless posts....the clock is ticking me thinks....

11. poonan

poonan Member

well sorry. I just posted in the wrong forum. Geez

12. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

back when i skated i alwaysd had vision streetwears cuz they were pretty cheap at my local shop, was stoked when i saved enough for my airwalk nts (not the same) though, wonder if they make those anymore (yeah right!) was a good pair of kix.

13. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

old school vans high tops, and nothing but.
    well ok i was desperate i would use old high top chuck taylors. back when i rode for gullwing and a few shops in Indy i totally blew a chance to skate for vision by telling them the street wear shoes they sent me were total crap. i cant help the fact that after about 4 hours they literally fell apart.

14. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Some Vision shoes where so badly made they fell apart after 2 rock "N Rolls in a pool...
    Btw darth, what where you thinking, riding for gullwing ? ;)

15. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

that must be why my visions were so cheap...must have went thru like a dozen pair...but i do distinctly recall buying gullwing trucks and they were ok....but i never skated pools, just bench'es and parking curbs...i do remember always buying the cheaper german bearings asd aposed to the swiss....think they were like 40 bucks a set or something like that.

edit: god i miss those days of jammin minor threat and agent orange and shaving the skin off of my ass!

eidt2: i always used my huge powell rat bones ramp wheels...never used any of those puppy tiny 30 mm wheels or whatever the hell they are

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  16. Nephilim

In the crowd I skated with Independant trucks and Slimeball wheels were the preferred equipment :)

17. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

That sounds more like my setup there Neph, i still have some slimeballs lying around, waiting for the right time to put them on Ebay :

I rode gullwing at first, but they just wouldn't last in a rough pool session, i once broke 2 sets in 1 day.

Once i switched to Indy's, i never looked back...

Rather than talk about my rides, i'll just show you the pics :

My 10" wide skull skates setup, 10" FW indy's, 62mm krypto's, Blacklabel boardrails, Bones bearings (Reds), 2 sets of Dooks riserpads (1 thin, 1 fat), shorty's bolts (extra long) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my prised Powell Ripper Replica, 12" wide, 12" MFW indy's, Titanium bearings (don't know what brand they are, all i know is they come in little boxes that look like a set of dice) and all the same stuff the other board has :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

18. Nephilim

Holy crap that first board brings back memories!!! Reminds me of cruising neighborhoods peeking over walls of all the houses for sale seeing if we could find a drained pool to tear up :p

19. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Me and my buddies skated my neighbours' pool, the guy hated water, and worked full days, so he just let us skate there as long as we cleaned up after ourselves and let him know if the thing got damaged.

Not to mention all the ramps me and my bro built next to our garage all the time :)

20. Nephilim

Man I saw plenty of nasty bails off ramps! I remember one where my buddy lost it at the top and knocked himself out when he hit the ground. We all sat there arguing who was going to go inside and tell his mon he's dead but we argued so long that he came to before we figured out who was going to do it :p