1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best software to burn dvd video as data? Your opinions!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by yamihere, Apr 16, 2007.

1. yamihere

yamihere Member

Hi! I want a simple dvd burning software (like I had with my windows xp- RecordNow). I want to be able to burn avi and mpeg files (without converting) as data to a data dvd. My dvd player at home plays them just fine. I want to be able to use a DVD-RW that I can simply pop back in and add an episode to.

Since I bought myself a new laptop with Vista, I can't seem to find such software. Even the downloadable Record Now software comes with a player and all sorts of extras that I really don't want! The Windows DVD maker crashes most of the time. I think I finally found a fix for that, but I am not happy with the software= I can't make multisession dvd's, and it doesn't allow me to burn subtitle files.

I had a trial version of Nero, but it does not seem to allow me to create multisession dvds, even though it says it does.

Anybody know where I can find what I am looking for? Thanks!!!!

2. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

Nero seems to work fine for me as far as data disks go, tho I'm not using vista, ahead keeps their software pretty up-to-date I would imagine they have vista support.