1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best software to cut mpeg-2 files?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by capone310, Feb 22, 2005.

1. capone310

capone310 Member

what is the best(fastest) software to cut/split my mpeg-2 files?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I use MPEG2Cut.

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Cuttermaran, Tmpgenc mpeg editor, Womble mpegvcr...

4. Gossimerg

Gossimerg Guest

still new to editing but VideoReDo I can remove the commercials from a 1hour TV show in under 5 minutes and it takes about 6 minutes to recode the file. I'm not sure how it could get much faster with the exception of using a more powerful machine for the recode (rewrite?) of the file after cuts are made.

5. capone310

capone310 Member

tmpeg editor is alright but the "set as end/start clip" is fusking me up

6. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

I highly recommend VideoRedo. After struggling with free options and wasting a lot of time, VideoRedo is a little slice of heaven. It cost 49.99 to register, and is worth every nickel for the zero learning curve and fast edit/rewrites.

It cuts / rejoins and much more (with batch operation modes too!)- does not "re-encode" so it's blazing fast and the support (via forum) is amazing. I have had responses from the author in 5 minutes.

The author maintains constant contact within the forum and encourages users to upload files that have any issues and FIXES the software based on your input, if it needs fixes. Personally, it's been rock solid for me, recording TV and cutting commericals out.

If you want fast and great support, register it now. V2 is about to come out, with two version available Basic and Plus - V1 registered users get V2 (both version) upgrade for less than V2 plus will cost in the future.

No, I don't work for or have any association with them at all. It's just a kick ass product with great support.

It doesn't get faster or easier.