1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best software

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Southpaw1, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Southpaw1

Southpaw1 Member

I download a lot of Mpg and avi files (films), and i want to burn them to dvd, Nero does this fine, but I'm wondering if I should use any other method ie file conversions first in order to improve sound and quality. or is nero just the best for this?

2. kfc_bilko

kfc_bilko Guest

I'm in your same position, would like to bump up the dvd quality if possible.

3. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Well I bought a DiVX DVD player so my compression ratio is great. But you may not always be playing your DVDs on the same player so I would suggest Shrink cuz you can create your own chapters plus make custom compression ratios. For example I backed up Stepford Wives (dont laugh) for my Mom. and I eliminated all menus, extras, subscripts, 5.1, ect. and only compressed the DVD 29%. I then played it on a 2 year old Toshiba DVD player on a 42" Sony Wega tube and saw no loss in quality between that and my Dish network.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can??? hmmm can you explain how to do this?

NVE is probably the best and easiest to use. you will not tell much of a difference with another proggy. Just be aware you are working with AVI files (downloaded at that) so you just arent going to get DVD quality picture no matter what you do. You can get high quality VCR like quality, but you will never get DVD quality.

[​IMG]