1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best sound card $50

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by cscash247, Mar 5, 2011.

1. cscash247

cscash247 Member

what is the best sound card for $50 or less? i would like 7.1 and an optical out as well as the regular audio out ports for front rear and center and i also would like Dolby Digital and i also don't give a crap about eax and the card has to be pci or pci express x1

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. 8686

8686 Member

I own this one but I stopped using it since I use the HDMI out of my video card and the standard audio from my motherboard. With the video card I get the Dolby TrueHD & DTS MA.
    It's a highly regarded card although a bit outside your budget. I loved it and it worked flawlessly.
    HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1

If you can use coaxial instead:

It's tough to find a card in that price range that has optical out 7 great reviews. There is this creative in your price range but the reviews are pretty shabby.

This one too w/ slightly better reviews.

3. cscash247

cscash247 Member

i ended up geting this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=11q4m9hax5f8

4. soitjes

soitjes Member

If cheap is an important criterium I can advise to look on sites like DealExtreme or KaiDomain. You get a lot of value for your money. But don't forget to read the reviews on the sites, because quality does vary a bit.

Soitjes.