1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best TV card Or video Card for the job

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by killalot, Aug 25, 2003.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Which is the best Hardware based card to use to transfer VHs tape to pc so i can burn to disk latter ive got a Hauppauge Win-tv, tv-card but its a load of shit for the job picture jumps etc i think its due to being done through software thats why im after a Hardware based card im new to this so any help will be just the job ive got about £100 to spend i could spend some more but trying to keep the cost down saving to by a house + the wife happy cheers............

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

See the next reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2003
  3. commwiz

commwiz Guest

I've had good luck with the ATI All-in-wonder cards. The new ones range from $150-400 but I've also seen the older models for under $50. They do capture and also have tv out. Mine came with "GuidePlus" which lets you program tv capture in advance. If you go to vcdhelp.com they have a listing of all video capture cards complete with prices and user comments.

4. sequio

sequio Guest

Dear Sir,

I know of a website that sells hardware encoders that are not that expensive compared to other sites. Please let me know what encoder solution you think is good.
    http://www.cestuff.com/
    Sequio

5. pthor

pthor Member

commwiz, do you know where you can find an ATI AIW card (that does capture well) for under $50?

http://www.cestuff.com/ I looked up. It does seem to have some capture cards, but the cheapest is $90. That's their bottom of the line.

6. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

pctv pro by pinnacle systems is pretty good all round it cost me 66 uk pounds and ive used it to capture tv progs fm radio linked my dvd player up to it and recorded dvds to vcd a svcd in real time and with a scart to svideo lead transfered video tapes to vcd and svcd.quality depends on processor speed and amount of and speed of memory xp 2000 or above recomended hope this helps.

7. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers for the help lads i went and brought a WinTv Pvr 350 which has a hardware decorder built into it and i must say its top notch cheers again........