1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video editing software for documentary filmmaking on windows PC

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by vchampea, Aug 21, 2014.

1. vchampea

vchampea Member

I've already read quite a few reviews on various editing software. I want to hear other people's opinion about this before I decide.

I used Final Cut Pro in college, which was great, but it really sucks that it's mac-only. Macs are too expensive and their functionality is too limited for my purposes so I will not be buying a mac. I've used Avid Xpress Pro, which was good, but a little too technical and difficult to learn by myself. I've also used Adobe Premiere Pro, which was fine. I think if I worked with Adobe Premier Pro more it would feel a lot more comfortable.

I am starting a documentary filmmaking project. I just bought a new Windows PC and I'm looking at which editing software would be best for me. As I said, it's documentary filmmaking, which may be less demanding in terms of the features that I will need in my editing software. The price of the software is not an issue. I will be working on this project for a long time, so I'm willing to spend big bucks on the right editing software. I also want to invest my time into learning the right editing software.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. vchampea

vchampea Member

Wow, that looks like a great free video editor. But I'm looking for something a little more mainstream since I want the skills I learn editing to be applicable to my job.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Then what application does your job or place of work use can you not see if you can buy a copy thru them as they should get a big discount i would assume only other option *coughs* piratebay

5. vchampea

vchampea Member

Actually I'm unemployed now, but I want to be using an editing software that is used in workplace. I've been talking to some friends and they said the two big ones are Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid. I think I'll be working with Premiere Pro. I used it before and liked it a lot. I've been experimenting with CS6 and it's a lot more user-friendly and functional than when I used it before. I used it back in 2009. I'm not sure what version it was back then.